Our Shooting and our 3 Point Shooters | The Boneyard

Our Shooting and our 3 Point Shooters

Reaction Score
18% today, we made 3 and Cobb was one of those, then Vital 2-6. jalen and larrier each went 0-3. Now Gilbert is gone but he is not known for the 3 and these guards are KO’s. Either or offense doesn’t run plays to get clean 3’s the way Wichita did today or our players are just no good at them. I think both is true. In the future we can’t recruit guards unless they have the 3 point shot. Looking for these players to develop it is a stretch IMO. We are a crappy shooting team, there is no way to either sugarcoat that or find hope for that problem.

Reaction Score
18% today, we made 3 and Cobb was one of those, then Vital 2-6. jalen and larrier each went 0-3. Now Gilbert is gone but he is not known for the 3 and these guards are KO’s. Either or offense doesn’t run plays to get clean 3’s the way Wichita did today or our players are just no good at them. I think both is true. In the future we can’t recruit guards unless they have the 3 point shot. Looking for these players to develop it is a stretch IMO. We are a crappy shooting team, there is no way to either sugarcoat that or find hope for that problem.

You have to hope they either are good shooters or become good shooters. You can't focus on only one kind of player.

We've seen plenty of UConn players develop 3 point shots while they were at UConn, Kemba, Giffey, Daniels and Boatright being just 5 of them. Heck, AJ Price too.

But now we've seen Jalen Adams, and he hasn't developed that shot (I still say he is not rising into the shot like he did last year.

Just because we have no shooters this year doesn't necessarily mean that players can't develop their shooting skills.

Reaction Score
I seen about 3 to 4 wide open looks Wichita had and the others were our guys leaving their feet n giving them an easy 3 who are their best from 3 point range frankamp 3/7 shamet 5/6 crazy smh Reeves 3/4 .. that’s the game right there 11/17 just from these guys alone

Reaction Score
Shamet had multiple opportunities to take even more 3s, but he didn't because he refuses to shoot without the opportunity to get his feet set. Even though he gets his shot off lightning quick, he goes up the same way each time.

Reaction Score
You have to hope they either are good shooters or become good shooters. You can't focus on only one kind of player.

We've seen plenty of UConn players develop 3 point shots while they were at UConn, Kemba, Giffey, Daniels and Boatright being just 5 of them. Heck, AJ Price too.

But now we've seen Jalen Adams, and he hasn't developed that shot (I still say he is not rising into the shot like he did last year.

Just because we have no shooters this year doesn't necessarily mean that players can't develop their shooting skills.
I agree. He is not elevating. His shots look very flat.

Reaction Score
We don't get open 3s because we don't run anything, we also don't drive and kick enough. It makes our average shooters look even worse. Today we had 2 open 3s. One that Vital hit in the corner off an Adams feed (needs to do that more) and the other was a wide open miss by Anderson. All the other 3s were really far out or guarded to some degree.

Reaction Score
Roster construction has been horrible since JC's recruits graduated, with the exception of 2015-16 with Gibbs and Miller, and that year KO still couldn't figure out how to fit the pieces together.

Reaction Score
We don't get open 3s because we don't run anything, we also don't drive and kick enough.
We can't reliably drive and kick because we don't run enough off-ball action. That leaves our "shooters" standing in place, and that means our opponents can play the passing lanes rather than being forced to either 1) collapse into the paint, or 2) chase the play.

We are an easy scout. We are the easy scout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom