Our program is not in a position to redshirt anyone. | The Boneyard

Our program is not in a position to redshirt anyone.

Reaction Score
The future is now. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. Any player who is in a position to help us achieve a W, any W, needs to be on the field now.

We can worry about 2020, in 2020.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would actually have the exact opposite take. We are not in a position to win now and would be better served having these kids as juniors/seniors after HCRE has a couple of seasons to turn this around.

That all being said, I'm sure you're just saying this to stir the pot.

Reaction Score
Why with Edsall is this even a discussion. We played a few true frosh every year. He prefers to redshirt kids, and won't do what P and Diaco did and just blow through redshirts for no apparent reason (see, e.g., Samra, Tyler and Rutherford, Troy), but if a kid can help the team over other players he plays them.

Reaction Score
The future is now. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. Any player who is in a position to help us achieve a W, any W, needs to be on the field now.

Thats how it is pretty much at every school only freshman, that can contribute play

Reaction Score
This is pal's shtick. Along with insisting the #2 quarterback should be playing. The good thing about that one though is if the #2 doesn't play well he can call for the former guy, especially if he is now #2.

Reaction Score
So what some of you are saying is that even though there has been 6 losing seasons in a row what's one or two more as long as a couple/three years from now it is a winning season? Frankly I think Edsall and his "staff to be named later" can work with the athletes already here and eek out 6 wins this upcoming season. Especially if Sherrifs comes back which I doubt will happen but would be sweet if it did. I'll bet at the beginning of the season there will be an uptick in attendance out of sheer curiosity but, your not going to resurrect the fan base and fill the Rent if in the last 2 or three games of this season your trying to get to 5 wins.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
One of my favorite HCRE1.0 quotes was that "you only get 12 games, they're all important." He's got to do right by the program but I'm confidant that he won't give away any games by not caring about the outcome.

Reaction Score

I'm interested Pal. After watching film, which of the recruits who have signed their LOIs would you suggest would be an upgrade in your very humble opinion?

Reaction Score
So what some of you are saying is that even though there has been 6 losing seasons in a row what's one or two more as long as a couple/three years from now it is a winning season? Frankly I think Edsall and his "staff to be named later" can work with the athletes already here and eek out 6 wins this upcoming season. Especially if Sherrifs comes back which I doubt will happen but would be sweet if it did. I'll bet at the beginning of the season there will be an uptick in attendance out of sheer curiosity but, your not going to resurrect the fan base and fill the Rent if in the last 2 or three games of this season your trying to get to 5 wins.

Actually, that's not close to what anyone here said. Voices in your head getting out of control?

Reaction Score
This is pal's shtick. Along with insisting the #2 quarterback should be playing. The good thing about that one though is if the #2 doesn't play well he can call for the former guy, especially if he is now #2.
I'm sorry I interrupted your love affair with Whitmer.

But my point was actually more about Skanes. We sat an incredible punt and KO returner on the bench last year even after Diaco called him an electric player. Every Saturday, freshmen at almost every level make an impact on outcomes. Yet, we treat out freshman (with one notable exception last year) like they are porcelain.

We also know from past seasons, Edsall would like to redshirt every freshman on the roster. So, I'm getting out front on this one, let 'em play.

Reaction Score

But my point was actually more about Skanes. We sat an incredible punt and KO returner on the bench last year even after Diaco called him an electric player. Every Saturday, freshmen at almost every level make an impact on outcomes. Yet, we treat out freshman (with one notable exception last year) like they are porcelain.

We also know from past seasons, Edsall would like to redshirt every freshman on the roster. So, I'm getting out front on this one, let 'em play.

You could not be more wrong.

Don't you remember Edsall saying ... "the further you are away from the ball, the more likely you could play as a true freshman" ...

Reaction Score
You could not be more wrong. Don't you remember Edsall saying ... "the further you are away from the ball, the more likely you could play as a true freshman" ...
... unless putting on 30 pounds or more of muscle may help ensure you actually might survive

Reaction Score

Sorry you know this about Skanes how? Because Diaco said so? Is Skanes your new Boyle?

Pal is already clamoring for the backup WR who he's never seen play. Some things never change.

Reaction Score
By the way -- 2018 is the year that good 'ole Bob having played every true frosh he had in year 1 is going to bite us in the rump, because this is now their 4th and last year.

The following is a list of those we won't have in '18 because Bob blew a year of eligibility on practice games:

Newsome, Johnson, Bloom, Rutherford, Hashemi, Luke, Diggs, McAllister and Summers. Of them, Newsome and Johnson contributed (although with Max and Mariner there was really no need to play both of them), and Bloom and Luke (although they would both be much better with age), but the rest were really just playing special teams.

Reaction Score

Delete your account.

Reaction Score
By the way -- 2018 is the year that good 'ole Bob having played every true frosh he had in year 1 is going to bite us in the rump, because this is now their 4th and last year.

The following is a list of those we won't have in '18 because Bob blew a year of eligibility on practice games:

Newsome, Johnson, Bloom, Rutherford, Hashemi, Luke, Diggs, McAllister and Summers. Of them, Newsome and Johnson contributed (although with Max and Mariner there was really no need to play both of them), and Bloom and Luke (although they would both be much better with age), but the rest were really just playing special teams.

Hey, stupid. Pal trusts Diaco's evaluation of Skanes. If he played we would've gone bowling. Are you new at this football thing?

Reaction Score

Terrible example with Skanes. If think it was a bad idea to save his redshirt to fair catch punts, then I don't know what to tell you.

With that said, if there are any true freshmen that can make a real impact this year, I hope we let them loose. If not, redshirt them. This shouldn't be complicated.

Reaction Score
Actually, that's not close to what anyone here said. Voices in your head getting out of control?
"I would actually have the exact opposite take. We are not in a position to win now and would be better served having these kids as juniors/seniors after HCRE has a couple of seasons to turn this around." ConnHuskBask, Today at 3:46

Hey lawyer, lay off the weed and remember were're all on the same side here. We all want UConn football to succeed. We just see it happening from different angles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom