Our next five games are big. | The Boneyard

Our next five games are big.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
USF, @UCF, Memphis, @Temple, @Houston: this is our five game slate. If we want a 5 seed in the tournament, we really need to go 5-0. 3 of these teams we have already beaten. Houston will likely be the most difficult as we already lost to them, and the game is on the road. However, if we win the first four, we should have significant momentum going into the Houston game. If we go 5-0 here, we would be 10-5 going into a tricky stretch consisting of SMU, @ECU, Cincy. Chances are we will lose the bookend games to finish 11-7. That is the mark I feel we need to get a bye so the next five games are huge.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm with Chief00 on this one - one game at a time
I do believe that this team has enough to beat those 5 teams but SMU and Cinci? Not at all feeling good with them

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm with Chief00 on this one - one game at a time
I do believe that this team has enough to beat those 5 teams but SMU and Cinci? Not at all feeling good with them

I agree - at this time, in this season, and with this squad we are in a situation where we can't expect to beat SMU and Cincy. Truth hurts. We can hope to, we can't expect to. OTOH, we should expect to beat the others. USF and Memphis are home, and we've already beaten UCF and Temple. Houston on the road is the toughest, but that's do-able with a solid game from everyone.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I agree - at this time, in this season, and with this squad we are in a situation where we can't expect to beat SMU and Cincy. Truth hurts. We can hope to, we can't expect to. OTOH, we should expect to beat the others. USF and Memphis are home, and we've already beaten UCF and Temple. Houston on the road is the toughest, but that's do-able with a solid game from everyone.
Just because we beat those teams doesn't mean we will do it again, home or away. All it takes is another 3 point barrage from a team and we are screwed. This team has had it's share of these games this year. Our inability to string together long range shots needs to improve and quick.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Just because we beat those teams doesn't mean we will do it again, home or away. All it takes is another 3 point barrage from a team and we are screwed. This team has had it's share of these games this year. Our inability to string together long range shots needs to improve and quick.

I didn't say we will beat them, as obviously things can go south with this team. But it's not unreasonable to anticipate a win against a team you've already beaten. As a result, Houston, on the road, and who killed us in the first half of our earlier game is the iffiest. So we could go 5-0. And we could also go 1-4.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I just want to beat USF, I can't look past anybody or at anything down the road with this crew

baby steps for me

and the next really important game for this team is when the conference tournament begins, nothing else matters much at this point other than jelling

Reaction Score
I just want to beat USF, I can't look past anybody or at anything down the road with this crew

baby steps for me

and the next really important game for this team is when the conference tournament begins, nothing else matters much at this point other than jelling

I disagree. If we want this team to have ANY CHANCE in Hartford, we need that 1st round bye, which means we have to finish in the Top 5 of the league. I have my doubts we can win 3 games in 3 days, but no chance we have the horses to win 4 games in 4 days.

Reaction Score
even last year I believed. This year?...can we just look to 2017-18?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The focus should be on next season. It doesn't matter what our seed in the AAC Tourney is. We aren't good enough to beat SMU or Cincinnati on their worst days.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The focus should be on next season. It doesn't matter what our seed in the AAC Tourney is. We aren't good enough to beat SMU or Cincinnati on their worst days.
We haven't played either of them at home yet so we don't know.

Reaction Score
That's just silly both of those teams are beatable .

Reaction Score
Can't believe people are looking past practice today. The UCF game isn't until Saturday. And before we even get to practice we have to stretch. Don't look past stretching with a team like this.

Reaction Score
One of the worst/least accurate posts I've seen here. Congrats

Reaction Score
Did you catch Tulane the other night? Up 12 with 10 minutes to go, only lost by about 5.....YES we are good enough...on their worst night at least. We are. If smu plays half way decent, uconn keeps it to single digits maybe.

Reaction Score
If we can take the next 2 against Temple and Houston can we be a 3 seed?

I'd love to tell you let's take this one game at a time, but who am I kidding. I love this time of year!

If Houston loses at home against SMU Saturday and we take care of business @Temple Sunday, we would be playing Houston for sole 3rd place in the conference. BUT have to take care of Temple first. No easy task. Lack of focus in the first half killed them last night (coming off the flu for some may have been the cause).

Also, UCONN would be in 3rd, but with 3 games left - 2 at home against top 25 teams. Houston plays @Memphis, @cincy, and ECU. Not out of question, but again, they lose focus for 5 minutes against Temple and you could see them be down big.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hate our next two games being Temple and Houston. Especially on the road, two teams we always have a tough go against.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom