Our newest coach. | The Boneyard

Our newest coach.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige wanted to be a coach and Geno is more than happy to oblige.

“Everyone described Jim Thorpe as whatever anybody could do, just give him 15 minutes and he'll be better at it than anybody else,” Auriemma said. “I think Paige thinks like that. I think she thinks she's the modern-day version of Jim Thorpe, that no matter what anybody thinks that they can do, she can do it better. So the minute she got hurt, and after her surgery, she said, ‘I'm going to be the best coach on the coaching staff.’ ”

Auriemma has told Bueckers that she can help coaches break down film. There is value in watching a sport she has played for so long. The 2022-23 season won’t be an empty experience for Bueckers.

and Geno is still Geno

“But I have the ultimate punishment ready for her (Paige) when she starts to be a pain in the ass. I'm going to have her sit next to CD the whole game. That will be the ultimate punishment. She won't say a word for the next three months.”

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Since there seem to be some NCAA rules restricting what coaches can do with the team in the time before the official start of practice in mid-October, it makes perfect sense for film sessions, chalk talks, scrimmages, and other prohibited activities to be done by the team under the watchful eye of Teammate Bueckers. That would be against the spirit of the rules, but in conformity with the letter of the law, i.e., a loophole.

I can even imagine Geno or CD meeting with Paige beforehand and saying, "Today we should practice this play or that defense. Make sure Nika is looking for the long pass, and that Dorka is attacking the basket and not standing at the 3-point line. And make sure Azzi moves her feet on defense, and forces her player into the help defense if she tries to penetrate."

Imagine if the team looks like a well-oiled machine by the time of the first practice on October 15.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Since there seem to be some NCAA rules restricting what coaches can do with the team in the time before the official start of practice in mid-October, it makes perfect sense for film sessions, chalk talks, scrimmages, and other prohibited activities to be done by the team under the watchful eye of Teammate Bueckers. That would be against the spirit of the rules, but in conformity with the letter of the law, i.e., a loophole.

I can even imagine Geno or CD meeting with Paige beforehand and saying, "Today we should practice this play or that defense. Make sure Nika is looking for the long pass, and that Dorka is attacking the basket and not standing at the 3-point line. And make sure Azzi moves her feet on defense, and forces her player into the help defense if she tries to penetrate."

Imagine if the team looks like a well-oiled machine by the time of the first practice on October 15.
Paige and Nika did an interview their freshman year. I think that was the interview were Nika call Paige her "Slime." :eek: Nika was asked a question. I can't remember what it was, but Nika answered it by saying "we just do whatever Paige tells us to."

It was at THAT moment I realized that this was Paige's team. She was a team leader as a freshman. She may not have been appointed a team co-captain by Geno, but she was a leader none the less, because the players followed her. They followed her then, they follow her now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige and Nika did an interview their freshman year. I think that was the interview were Nika call Paige her "Slime." :eek: Nika was asked a question. I can't remember what it was, but Nika answered it by saying "we just do whatever Paige tells us to."

It was at THAT moment I realized that this was Paige's team. She was a team leader as a freshman. She may not have been appointed a team co-captain by Geno, but she was a leader none the less, because the players followed her. They followed her then, they follow her now.
Here is the Video clip you are referencing . One of the most endearing presser's

Starts around the 7:20 mark

Besides the content itself, it is very interesting to see Paige's mind clearly seeing what the interviewee was concocting and helping Nika see it. And the mischievousness in Nika's eyes as she looks around to see if a coach is nearby. Golden

At the end, the Evina as reporter bit is a lot of fun too as she on purpose mispronounces Bueckers last name

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I am not mistaken, I believe official practice starts 3 weeks from today on Sept. 29th.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here is the Video clip you are referencing . One of the most endearing presser's

Starts around the 7:20 mark

Besides the content itself, it is very interesting to see Paige's mind clearly seeing what the interviewee was concocting and helping Nika see it. And the mischievousness in Nika's eyes as she looks around to see if a coach is nearby. Golden

At the end, the Evina as reporter bit is a lot of fun too as she on purpose mispronounces Bueckers last name

Thanks eebmg, This is it!!! :D

Reaction Score
The university of saint francis begins 9/26.
It's based on your first game. St. Francis likely plays their first game a few days before we do. The season begins 42 days before your first game, so go to the schedule and count backwards 42 days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom