Our new conference? | The Boneyard

Our new conference?

When the dust settles from realignment, which conference does UCONN end up in 5 years from now?

• Big 12

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • Big East

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • ÀAC

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • B1G

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • ACC

Votes: 29 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NOT which conference do you HOPE UCONN will be in....but rather

Which conference will UCONN athletics be in 5 years from now?

Reaction Score
This is more hope than anything, but every signal UConn is sending via the press is a middle finger to ESPN.

"We're interested in the Big 12."

"If we don't get into the Big 12, we're interested in the Big East. And our football won't be staying in the AAC."

"Long-term, we're trying to get into the AAU and we see Michigan, tOSU, Penn State & Wisconsin as our peer institutions."

Common thread? Big 12, Big East & B1G are all mostly Fs1 properties. I think Herbst, Malley et al are going to flirt with other conferences as much as possible -- let them get to third base, and halfway home -- in the hopes of getting ESPN to crack open the ACC and force us into the mix.

The natural response is "Why would the ACC do that? They already have a contract." And the answer is "Because their TV/streaming/new media partner said so." Even with the current cable climate the ACC is beholden to ESPN in a big, big way.

Also, I have a few friends at FS1. They all say that they think UConn will end up in the ACC "eventually." None of them would be in the room with any current negotiations, but all understand the lay of the land very, very well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm new...so relax. Besides, the other post was about Big East interest gaining steam...so I thought of this post. I didnt see Officer Huskyforlife policing that one. Was there a citation I missed?

Issue this guy a bench warrant
You can do whatever you want, I'm just wondering how someone who's been here since 2015 doesn't know there's a conference realignment board.

Reaction Score
You can do whatever you want, I'm just wondering how someone who's been here since 2015 doesn't know there's a conference realignment board.

Ugh....he wrote me a ticket. Chief Investigator....could it be possible that the profile was created then but the user just became active on the boards recently?

Chief Investigator Huskyforlife - "Well, I just don't understand how anyone can come to that conclusion. I've investigated many forums in my day, but I've never come across a case such as this one. It's quite puzzling. Very little DNA evidence to go off of."

Reaction Score
Ugh....he wrote me a ticket. Chief Investigator....could it be possible that the profile was created then but the user just became active on the boards recently?

Chief Investigator Huskyforlife - "Well, I just don't understand how anyone can come to that conclusion. I've investigated many forums in my day, but I've never come across a case such as this one. It's quite puzzling. Very little DNA evidence to go off of."

calm down. it's not that big a deal.

Reaction Score
At this point, I stopped worry about it. This pressure is on KO and BD.

Just win baby

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
5 Years. no.
Its 9 years minimum before we land elsewhere.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm still wondering why so many fans of the basketball program don't realize how this impacts the one program they do care about.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'm still wondering why so many fans of the basketball program don't realize how this impacts the one program they do care about.

Why bother?
I don't begrudge anybody getting into the politics of CR and hanging on every tweet like it was a drop of water in the Sahara desert. Its fine. To each their own.

But your point doesn't work. I will speak for me. Im probably speaking for others too, but I don't assume that.

I FULLY realize how CR could possibly impact (or even decimate) what we all know and love about our hoops program.

The thing is, what does realizing the impact have to do with anything? Do you think that changes anything? It doesn't. Realizing the crappy draw and disastrous impact of CR doesn't get us invited to a conference.

Reaction Score
As CR and BB junkie
I hate to see CR discussed on a board I come to for peace.
Although recruiting and CR are very simalar
I try to avoid those threads.
To answer the OP
I have no idea what conference we will be in five years from now.
The variables are too great.
I will say ,we will still be a player .

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I frequent the CR board almost daily. Trust me, I'm fully aware of how dire our situation is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, but so what?

Reaction Score
Hmmm I'm bored too, I should start a Powerball pick'em survey thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom