Our Lil' Linebacker is coming Aug. 12...Ray Allen be afraid! | The Boneyard

Our Lil' Linebacker is coming Aug. 12...Ray Allen be afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I am sure you have seen the ads for the Jim Calhoun charity game at Mohegan Sun on Friday
August 12. Lots of former players on the guy-side will be there...I think I saw Ray's name in one of the ads.
This year there will be some of our favs on the gal-side playing. I've seen that Svet and Nykesha will be there.
I now hear that our lil' linebacker...aka Mel Thomas... will be playing....I'm sure other women will be there as well. Apparently Mel may well be accompanied by a variety of [potential] malcontents from Cincy....i.e. her family.
Fantastic! Simply fantastic!

Last we heard here Mel is no longer in a coaching position in hoops. I have zero doubt that with a bit of practice her perimeter shooting can be excellent come Aug. 12. Granted that future HOF'er Ray Allen has more hops but I bet Mel would at the least get his attention in terms of accuracy from deep.

Seats are from $12 to $25. It will be great to see some of the Husky family from the past.

The best picture from the final 4 this year...imo...was the one of Dr. Polly hitting that late field goal
and the reaction of the coaches and players. Second best was the group shot after the game
with the current team and so, so many of the former players on the floor....including Mel with a big smile and looking just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom