Our leading scorer this season | The Boneyard

Our leading scorer this season

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So maybe all the talk about whether Gabby, KLS, Collier or Stevens was the best player in the country was completely missing the mark because Dangerfield is clearly UConn's best player at the moment?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So maybe all the talk about whether Gabby, KLS, Collier or Stevens was the best player in the country was completely missing the mark because Dangerfield is clearly UConn's best player at the moment?
I think we have 6 players of roughly equal caliber. I’d call Lou the best, with Gabby a close second.

Geno said tonight that Crystal has become one of the better guards in the country already.

Reaction Score
I think we have 6 players of roughly equal caliber. I’d call Lou the best, with Gabby a close second.

Geno said tonight that Crystal has become one of the better guards in the country already.
I agree. Watching Lou live is really the only way to notice just how good she is right now. Offensively, Geno is using her exactly the way he used Stevie; as the primary cutter to the basket. Defensively, she is now the principal ball reversal thief. If she has to sit for awhile, the team will indeed be playing without its best player. Not convinced? Just look to see who gets the most minutes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
There's been so much talk about how Crystal has upped her game (rightly so), but I've also been impressed with how much Lou's game has evolved. After getting banged around so much the last couple of years, she's obviously decided to do become more physical herself. Her defense and rebounding as well as her overall inside game have really impressed me.

Let's hope the injury doesn't hobble her for too long.

(edited to correct a typo)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. Watching Lou live is really the only way to notice just how good she is right now. Offensively, Geno is using her exactly the way he used Stevie; as the primary cutter to the basket. Defensively, she is now the principal ball reversal thief. If she has to sit for awhile, the team will indeed be playing without its best player. Not convinced? Just look to see who gets the most minutes.
perfect answer! until the injury, she was everywhere on the court last night.

Reaction Score
I've been a Lou fan from the beginning...and I really like the way she has been playing and how her game has emerged from Freshman Year to today...always doing what the team needed... and now, banging inside, fighting for position for shots and rebounds, getting offensive rebounds and putting them back up to the basket, running the floor, court vision, passing, the whole enchilada. On her way to another AA season. I am certain she was on her way to 25 or more points last night and I am really hopeful for a very speed recovery. Have got to trust that the Coaching and Medical Staffs have the BEST people working on her injury and have the END of the Season goal in mind. I have been hoping for an update on the UCONN website or BY this morning, but so far have not found anything yet. Best of everything to the Team for a great and successful championship run and Lou for a speedy (but not TOO early) return to the court.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Geno is a genius in that he knows what buttons to push to get these young ladies to do what they need to do to improve. Crystal has really come around and so early in the season, just amazing how well she has started the season. It's kinda like what Lou and Phessea did last year. Good to be a Huskies fan. Am really hoping Lou is good to go sooner than later.

Reaction Score
Lou has always had that touch of "nasty " in her. It is just that now she is channeling it into her game via aggressive defense and attacking offense. You can not create what isn't there to begin with, but you certainly can channel it constructively.

Reaction Score
I did notice that Pheesa seemed to come more alive / step it up a bit after Lou got hurt... she's been relatively quiet so far this year (yeah, I know, we're only 2 games in...).

Reaction Score
Can this team have 6 players average more than 10 points per game? The starting 5 + Z? Granted the injury to KLS is not severe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom