Our Last Signature Win | The Boneyard

Our Last Signature Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's up for debate but it's been awhile. Playing and hanging with a bunch of Sweet Sixteen capable teams is great but it's time.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Our best wins last year were SMU in March (reg season) and Cincinnati in January

Michigan this year is a quality win, but not that biggie you (we're all) seeking

spoiled brats that we are :)

Reaction Score
I'm much less concerned about signature wins than finding the right chemistry.

Last year's team found it but there was only so much they could do with the talent on hand.

If this team is somehow underwhelming through early January, and then they find the right chemistry, I would take that over wins against Maryland and Texas.

This team should be a top 10 team with the talent they have on the floor.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm much less concerned about signature wins than finding the right chemistry.

Last year's team found it but there was only so much they could do with the talent on hand.

If this team is somehow underwhelming through early January, and then they find the right chemistry, I would take that over wins against Maryland and Texas.

This team should be a top 10 team with the talent they have on the floor.
Agree - but at the same time you need a marquee win to bolster your seeding. There are tournament sites in Providence/Brooklyn, then regional finals in Philly. It gives us a chance to stay east and fans can travel - but I know how we're inclined to go west;)

C

Chief00

You're the scoreboard. Having said that, I agree we will get better maybe much better.

Reaction Score
We have kinda been losing the big out of conference games lately.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's up for debate but it's been awhile. Playing and hanging with a bunch of Sweet Sixteen capable teams is great but it's time.
Kentucky in 2014!

Reaction Score
Kentucky in 2014!
i don't think that was signature though. It was an important game and would be no matter who else was in it, but Kentucky was a mediocre team all year that lucked (or paid off refs) into that game. They were an 8 seed that was seeded appropriately meaning they weren't even a top 25 team. The win over 2 loss #1 ranked Florida before that was a much more of a statement. And while SMU has been pretty good, they haven't won a tournament game in forever so finally beating them was nice but by UConn standards not exceptional. Cincinnati is always good, and beating them is always nice but its also something we do pretty regularly.

Reaction Score
2Husky said:
i don't think that was signature though. It was an important game and would be no matter who else was in it, but Kentucky was a mediocre team all year that lucked (or paid off refs) into that game. They were an 8 seed that was seeded appropriately meaning they weren't even a top 25 team.

Have a tiny bit of perspective. It's okay to think of a national championship win over Kentucky as a signature win.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
Have a tiny bit of perspective. It's okay to think of a national championship win over Kentucky as a signature win.
and quite honestly that was truly our last one.

Reaction Score
Last signature regular season win?

Maybe the one over Florida in Gampel in 2013-14? They were only ranked in the teens at the time, but didn't lose again the rest of the year and were the clear #1.

Reaction Score
From my perspective, "signature wins" are for 2nd tier programs, and not for us. Not trolling, just how I feel about this. We're a Signature Program.

Reaction Score
I want our Huskies to get a signature win every year since! I do not want to dwell on what we did in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom