Our Huskies Want To Move On | The Boneyard

Our Huskies Want To Move On

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But Geno, well, ever the realist:

UConn women ready to move on Final Four loss

“I haven’t watched the game, but I’m sure I will at some point,” Auriemma said. “They are probably right saying they want to move forward and want a fresh start. I think that’s good. However, there is going to come a time when they will have to face up to what happened. What things were out of our control and what things were in our control. There are things you can’t pretend didn’t happen.”

His players took the most important lesson from the loss: They hate to lose.

“We could watch it, analyze it, but the biggest takeaway is how we all felt and we never want to be in that position again,” said Katie Lou Samuelson. “We just have to learn from it and we want to have a fresh start, not get too caught up on the past. It will fuel us as we go forward.”

Gabby has a warning for everyone else: “Stewie said it my freshman year. You don’t want to play us after we lose,” Williams said, referring to former Huskies star Breanna Stewart. “We’ll come back as a force. It speaks to the culture of the program. We don’t like to lose. We don’t dwell on it, we don’t look back. It doesn’t become a snowball effect. We see what went wrong and fix it.”

Reaction Score
Thanks Rocky, nice find.

Uconn in the past on the plane trip home: Christine or Geno would tell the team to "remember this feeling" you don't want to feel that again.

“We could watch it, analyze it, but the biggest takeaway is how we all felt and we never want to be in that position again,” said Katie Lou Samuelson. “We just have to learn from it and we want to have a fresh start, not get too caught up on the past. It will fuel us as we go forward.”

Teammate Gabby Williams was more succinct on the defeat that shocked the women’s basketball world.

“That was an awful feeling and we never want to feel like that again,” she said.\
Isn't it interesting that Uconn players feel this way about a SINGLE loss while other top 10 teams feel this way, usually, often. Spoiled fans and spoiled (in losses) players.
I believe Geno knew what was happening, while it happened and was powerless to stop it. No need for him or they to rehash what they knew.

Reaction Score
There are 2 possible reasons to watch the film:
1. to get fired up for the next season
2. to learn what they did wrong and correct it.

1. I doubt they need to get fired up anymore than they are
2. they didn't play very well, but there was nothing structural to learn. They also needed to be a bit taller, and guess what: this coming year, they will be!

Reaction Score
There are 2 possible reasons to watch the film:
1. to get fired up for the next season
2. to learn what they did wrong and correct it.

1. I doubt they need to get fired up anymore than they are
2. they didn't play very well, but there was nothing structural to learn. They also needed to be a bit taller, and guess what: this coming year, they will be!

I hate to ruin your BINARY --either/or ==approach, because it's basically TRUE.
I'd add one more--if they had it, no doubt they would have won--A BENCH.
Your "guess what" is exactly what Uconn needed in the final game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This year's team will have a focus fueled by the loss. That is never good for an opponent. Gabby said it best.

Reaction Score
But Geno, well, ever the realist:

UConn women ready to move on Final Four loss

“I haven’t watched the game, but I’m sure I will at some point,” Auriemma said. “They are probably right saying they want to move forward and want a fresh start. I think that’s good. However, there is going to come a time when they will have to face up to what happened. What things were out of our control and what things were in our control. There are things you can’t pretend didn’t happen.”

His players took the most important lesson from the loss: They hate to lose.

Gabby has a warning for everyone else: “Stewie said it my freshman year. You don’t want to play us after we lose,” Williams said, referring to former Huskies star Breanna Stewart. “We’ll come back as a force. It speaks to the culture of the program. We don’t like to lose. We don’t dwell on it, we don’t look back. It doesn’t become a snowball effect. We see what went wrong and fix it.”

I won't watch the replay either--for any reason (makes me sad :(). "Moving on" is going forward, and the only things to learn from last year: get bigger, deeper, more experienced. None of those constitutes a "lesson." And nothing can change the result. (PS: I've never replayed the Stanford game either.)

Reaction Score
I won't watch the replay either--for any reason (makes me sad :(). "Moving on" is going forward, and the only things to learn from last year: get bigger, deeper, more experienced. None of those constitutes a "lesson." And nothing can change the result. (PS: I've never replayed the Stanford game either.)

Agree. Didn't even watch the whole game live. I don't watch the replay when they won, won't watch the replay when they lose. Too busy with life.

Reaction Score
We sat through it live. Absolutely no need to watch it again. Having the team watch the video will be quite the motivator.

Reaction Score
Miss St played an amazing game thwarting Gabby and Collier's passing ability at the top to pick apart Miss St. Tons of deflections and the big center played quite well. Of course Itty Bitty was fearless and no Jefferson available to match up. Hindsight is great but could Dangerfield been effective or was she injured? Was Nurse responsible for itty bitty? I don't think so since they spent a good amount of time in zone defense.
The SC guards had no problem with Itty Bitty. Cuervas tenacity and speed and Harris's length and speed happened to be perfect match up.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom