Our Dline and the triple option | The Boneyard

Our Dline and the triple option

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to seeing our D-line in action against the triple option. I think Carrezola is going to have a great day - his size/speed combination is going to result in him getting into the backfield and forcing the QB to make early decisions. This game is really a test of assignment football and discipline for the D - and everything we saw in week one showed a much more disciplined UConn squad than we've seen in the past several years. It's a unique challenge, but we will show well and it's a good warmup for Navy as well.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I hope so. This game makes me nervous. We looked absolutely lost against Army last year and we traditionally haven't fared well against triple option offenses. If our coaches make one adjustment to this year's game, I hope that it's by lining up our secondary no more than 10 yards off the LOS.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The biggest job for the defensive line against a triple option offense is to clean up as much of the mess as possible. Their job is to make sure linebackers have a clean line to the quarter back or running

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The biggest job for the defensive line against a triple option offense is to clean up as much of the mess as possible. Their job is to make sure linebackers have a clean line to the quarter back or running

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:

Or shoving the blocker backwards into the ball carrier. Looking forward to the phrase, "blown up" being uttered in reference to the army offense.

Reaction Score
Or shoving the blocker backwards into the ball carrier. Looking forward to the phrase, "blown up" being uttered in reference to the army offense.

They chop block (legally in one-on-one) and get low throughout. We need to hold ground and stay up. Graham Stewart, who is AWFUL at keeping containment will need to play and stay in position. The Army staff will come after him early and see if he's ready if they have watched any tape.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I can see Campenni getting big pushes up the guy. Removes the dive back from the play. His low center of gravity is perfect against Army

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I can see Campenni getting big pushes up the guy. Removes the dive back from the play. His low center of gravity is perfect against Army
If the tackles can be disruptive, they'll eliminate the dive right off the bat. Easier said than done but we are physically much bigger and hopefully faster/stronger than their front line.

Reaction Score
I want our DE's absolutely murdering the QB every Option. Make him pitch it, and follow through cleanly and just dust the QB a half dozen times. Will make him think twice as game develops, and set a tone. Make Army pay the price for putting their QB in danger.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Fundamental tackling and completing your assignments. Do it.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Gotta make them throw the rock.
Heritage-of-the-Assist.jpg

"Pass the ball."

Reaction Score
I want our DE's absolutely murdering the QB every Option. Make him pitch it, and follow through cleanly and just dust the QB a half dozen times. Will make him think twice as game develops, and set a tone. Make Army pay the price for putting their QB in danger.

While I certainly cannot guarantee success on Saturday, this "technique" generally does not work against triple option offenses.

Reaction Score
While I certainly cannot guarantee success on Saturday, this "technique" generally does not work against triple option offenses.

You have to make the offense pay for exposing their QB to free punishment. And as a former Option QB, I can tell you it was my worst nightmare. your hand is forced, your options are removed, and it takes the initiative from the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom