Our Biggest Challenge So Far | The Boneyard

Our Biggest Challenge So Far

Reaction Score
NOTRE DAME, because:

1. The game is at ND and the crowd will be raucous.
2. They're coming off a tough loss, and the ultimate vindication
would be to beat Uconn.
3. Size, they are big: Watson 6'4" / Westbeld 6'3" / Ebo 6'4" (scored 20
against AZ ST).
4. Citron (6'1") will be a hand-full.
5. They have 3 talented guards in Miles, Mabrey and Bransford.
6. I'm betting on Uconn, they're going to have an off-night sometime
and this just might be the environment that causes it.

Reaction Score
Huskies will rise to the occasion. Azzi and Aubrey can neutralize Citron. Nika can contain Miles. Aaliyah is quicker tahn watson, Ebo or Westbeld. Add Lou and we are a winner!
Aubrey can match things tough for Citron, Fudd will have more trouble- but Azzi can offset Citron’s points by her own shooting, maybe that’s what meant by neutralize. UConn is going to run down Notre Dame, Irish have slower athletes and will get killed on the fast break. UConn by 15.

Reaction Score
I don't think the first question should be how are we going to guard them. How will they defend us?

My guess is ND starts Watson and Wesbeld in the front court, and I don't think this pair is quick enough or strong enough to keep Aaliyah and Aubrey off the boards, and neither one is nearly strong enough to contend with Ayanna. Aaliyah should get another double-double, maybe Aubrey too.

Their backcourt can run with us, I expect, but their front court can't, even if they keep Ebo on the bench. With Ebo on the floor, they are painfully slow.

Citron can shoot well from the perimeter, and to a lesser extent Mabrey too, but will they be able to defend against Azzi and Lou, who shoot much better from the perimeter? Citron is a capable perimeter defender, but Mabrey isn't.

Miles and Nika, ironically, is probably a wash. Nika may not score much (so what?) but Miles will find it difficult to get her shots and her passing is likely to be inhibited.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom