Our best team game of the year | The Boneyard

Our best team game of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just about everybody contributed. Boat had a good game, Bazz was outstanding even though his outside shot was off, Brimah was a beast and we don't win this one without a great game from Daniels. Giffey, Kromah; they all contributed.
Oh and Ollie had a good game; actually a great game. He does a tremendous job designing plays after TOs.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We shot like garbage, but we fought through a thick cloud of adversity with a million pesky red hawks picking at our @zzes. Regardless, Brimah is a baller.

Reaction Score
We shot like garbage, but we fought through a thick cloud of adversity with a million pesky red hawks picking at our @zzes. Regardless, Brimah is a baller.
The effort was quesitonable at times as well. The missed free throw with 4 UConn players standing around while the one St Joe's player waltzed in and took the ball was about as bad as it gets. The defense could have been much better at times. Still, considering all that, they ended up doing pretty well. Can't feel too bad about shooting 46% from three, that's for sure!

Let's hope the shook off the rust tonight and can hit on all cylinders on Sunday and show that UConn basketball hasn't changed a bit in 25 years!

Reaction Score
Ollie was fantastic. Every TO he drew up a great play. No matter what happens Saturday he is going to be star, we are blessed to him
Ollie has pretty much been doing it all season. One of the best things about KO is that he isn't using the UConn job as a stepping stone, he wants to coach here. Just about every former NBA talking head praises the hell out of him.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Great win guys! That was a lot like our game with Harvard but your leaders came up big down the stretch. Napier earned his POY in OT.

Milwaukee is giving Villanova a tough game! Would be nice to get multiple AAC teams into the second weekend.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Great win guys! That was a lot like our game with Harvard but your leaders came up big down the stretch. Napier earned his POY in OT.

Milwaukee is giving Villanova a tough game! Would be nice to get multiple AAC teams into the second weekend.

Jeez man, you are way too magnanimous. I would still be moping.

caw

Reaction Score
Just about everybody contributed. Boat had a good game, Bazz was outstanding even though his outside shot was off, Brimah was a beast and we don't win this one without a great game from Daniels. Giffey, Kromah; they all contributed.
Oh and Ollie had a good game; actually a great game. He does a tremendous job designing plays after TOs.

I want to throw a shoutout to Nolan who actually had a few good post moves.

Samuel missed a chippy but played OK. I think Ollie's plan must have been to try and rest the guys a bit in the first half. I can't figure why Calhoun and Olander played that much. Calhoun just isn't there, not sure if it's mental or physical but he's even a step slower than last year.

Reaction Score
Still trying to figure out how we won. A little bit of Giff, a dash of DD,a sprinkle of Boat, a pinch of Bazz and Brimah and an extra large helping of Senhor Testiculo

Reaction Score
Daniels breathes new life into his pro prospects over the past four games. Have a feeling he plays very well vs nova.

Reaction Score
I like how coach keeps giving Omar a chance each game. hopefully against Nova he'll hit a shot.

Reaction Score
Great managing of the 4 foul situations by Ollie and giving different looks to Kanacevic and Galloway cooled them off a bit.Once Bazz and Boat went to work driving to the hoop the complexion of the game changed..

Reaction Score
Outside of the last 3 minutes and the OT I thought our defensive effort was lacking. Ollie had several questionable decisions like putting Niels on Manacevic who just posted him for 4-5 easy points with Niels picking his fourth foul. Roberts also had his way with Bazz a few times. The interior switching by us was slow and they kept finding the open man. For whatever reason it all changed with about 3 minutes to go.

Reaction Score
I thought our defense sucked crapped. Way too many open looks. Way too many dunks and lay ins. Several times we got beat back up the floor.
They shot 50%. How could our D have been anything but bad?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like how coach keeps giving Omar a chance each game. hopefully against Nova he'll hit a shot.

I'll start with not turning it over once every two minutes. Baby steps

Omar, if you're reading this, act like a man.

Reaction Score
I would say its Ollie's best coaching job of the season. As for the team, they need to look at tapes. Not to nitpick but there was a play when after a missed free throw(?) everyone seemed to run down court at the same time and the ball sat there feeling like an eternity. Well a SJU player picked it up through sheer hustle.

Secondly it seemed the announcers were correctly stating that SJU wanted the ball loose balls/rebounds more. At one point Boat was seething and started hollering at the players for not hustling and letting the game slip away. Bazz attempted to cool him down, but he was in the right. Very impressed with Boat!

We 'almost' were out hustled this game. If they step up their intensity we should continue to do well this Tourney. But they have got to step it up its one and done time!

Ten Toes In Dammit - All Game!

Reaction Score
I'll start with not turning it over once every two minutes. Baby steps

Omar, if you're reading this, act like a man.
Omar has been great on the sidelines cheering the team on even if he has't been playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom