Otish... Rick p and Georgia talk | The Boneyard

Otish... Rick p and Georgia talk

Reaction Score
Pitino is undoubtably the best available coach, and optics aside would be my first choice, but there should be no school touching the guy with a 10 foot pole when the feds are sniffing around

Reaction Score
Pitino is undoubtably the best available coach, and optics aside would be my first choice, but there should be no school touching the guy with a 10 foot pole when the feds are sniffing around
and the fact that the NCAA is probably going to slap a show-cause on him. do they stack sanctions lol? If we were to hire Pitino with a show cause we would potentially be looking at sanctions from Ollie (depending on what the investigation is for) and Pitino's sanctions from lville

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I actually have connections within the UGA AD...

This ain't happening.

And anyone who thinks it's even possible clearly does not know how the UGA AD views itself.
I don't believe you.

SEC gonna SEC. No one in that conference can claim greater righteousness than others, because they play in the SEC. It's all really quite simple.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I actually have connections within the UGA AD...

This ain't happening.

And anyone who thinks it's even possible clearly does not know how the UGA AD views itself.

What does this even mean?

Reaction Score
no one will touch Pitino for years, the optics would be horrendous, He will end up as an analyst on espn.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Is there even a good Italian restaurant in Athens, GA?

That would be a big NO. Nice restaurants, but nothing that would compare to Connecticut or NY that's for sure

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I cannot imagine a school agreeing to hire Rick Pitino without know what kind of show cause penalties they’re signing up for.

There is just no way.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Once I saw 'Otish' in the title, I knew it was 99.

Reaction Score
Not so sure about Georgia, but Louisville may be just the right kind of community college for Pitino

Reaction Score
I don't believe you.

SEC gonna SEC. No one in that conference can claim greater righteousness than others, because they play in the SEC. It's all really quite simple.

I mean, don't believe me if you want, but they do market "the Georgia way" and that is an image they take very seriously.

They like to think of themselves as above the LSUs and Auburns of the world.

I'm definitely not naive enough to think that cheating doesn't happen at UGA , but the image means a lot to them and hiring Pitino would obviously destroy that.

Reaction Score
I cannot imagine a school agreeing to hire Rick Pitino without know what kind of show cause penalties they’re signing up for.

There is just no way.
Didn't they hire Jim Harrick after his checkered past. Their program has been in the dumper. If they do hire him, they would be on the map quickly. After two or three yrs of success, they would probably get sanctioned and go back in the dumper.

Wouldn't touch him, but it wouldn't shock me. With success of football program, ad probably thinks he's playing with "house money" and he's gambling big

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I can hear the negotiations with the UGa's next coach starting with "its between you and Pitino"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Georgia is going after Hurley like every other school with an open coaching position.

Reaction Score
Talk about the devil went down to Georgia.

The marketing campaign with permission of Charlie Daniels band is already made.

Reaction Score
let's forget his antics; focus on his coaching. even though I wouldn't want him with all the extra strings he has at UConn, he's still a remarkable basketball coach.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I can’t imagine pitino not going to the NBA at this point.

Is a college desperate enough to dance wih the devil without knowing what’s coming?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom