OTish: Joe D is back | The Boneyard

OTish: Joe D is back

Reaction Score
So is that a CATV channel, or what? espec for those outside of CT.

Reaction Score
I guess there’s no chance he could get the men’s radio back in the future?

Reaction Score
I guess there’s no chance he could get the men’s radio back in the future?
I wouldn’t be shocked if they hire him after his wtic contract is done. I don’t believe Mike Crispino signed a long term deal

Reaction Score
Joe D’Ambrosio, the voice of UConn athletics for nearly three decades, is joining Fox 61 and CW 20, it was announced Thursday.

D’Ambrosio will be covering UConn athletics as well as pro and local sports, according to a press release. He will also appear on “Fox 61 Sports Ticket: Countdown to Kickoff,” a show that debuts Thursday at 7 p.m.

The longtime sportscaster will also be joining Fox 61 sports director Rich Coppola on UConn men’s hockey and baseball broadcasts on CW 20.

IMG, the rights holder for UConn sporting events, chose earlier this year to sign a long-term deal with iHeart Media and ESPN97.9 over WTIC. D’Ambrosio remained under contract with WTIC, preventing him from also making the move and ending his run as the voice of the Huskies.

“This had been my life, rightly or wrongly, for 26 years,” he told The Courant after the announcement. “I went through a lot of periods. Every day, I would think about it, from when it first happened until the middle of May or so when I knew I wasn’t going to be able to keep doing the games. I went through periods where I was depressed, angry, realistic — I had a range of emotions.”

Despite adding new roles, he will continue to be a co-host on the WTIC Morning Show with Ray Dunaway and anchor on WTIC-AM NewsTalk 1080.

Veteran Sportscaster Joe D'Ambrosio To Join Fox 61, CW 20

Reaction Score
I'm guessing we are going to hear far fewer "tricky dribbles" this basketball season then we have heard in the last 20.

Reaction Score
I've only listened for about five total minutes on the radio but Crispino is awful at football play by play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom