OTish: From The Men's Side, Coach Hurley | The Boneyard

OTish: From The Men's Side, Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
Courant has an article on him today and I was and remain curious about him and the rebuilding ahead of him. I do believe having a healthy, competitive, nationally ranked men's team is important. Anyway, I find the article useful to help get to know him.

Mike Anthony: Dan Hurley Getting Used To Being 'Zoo Animal' As UConn Coach
Nice article about a real human being; I liked the guy. He is exactly right the current Connecticut is more Tri State and I find it a lot more "edgie" than when I lived there.
A significant difference in entering a Donuts shop in Ct vs nearly any one at least 50 miles south or west of the Mason Dixon line.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When Hurley stated earlier that his team couldn't run a basic 3 man weave drill I nearly fell off my chair. That told me this team is lacking in a lot of the basic fundamentals necessary to win games nonetheless be a national contender. Hurley has a lot to clean up on the men's side and it's clearly going to take a long minute. Is he the guy to do it? It won't take long to tell if Bobby is "the" guy. Nevertheless, the AD will need to have a lot of patience because results won't come soon.

Reaction Score
When Hurley stated earlier that his team couldn't run a basic 3 man weave drill I nearly fell off my chair. That told me this team is lacking in a lot of the basic fundamentals necessary to win games nonetheless be a national contender. Hurley has a lot to clean up on the men's side and it's clearly going to take a long minute. Is he the guy to do it? It won't take long to tell if Bobby is "the" guy. Nevertheless, the AD will need to have a lot of patience because results won't come soon.
Can tell you don’t follow the men’s team our coach is Danny Hurley Bobby is the other :oops:

Reaction Score
Can tell you don’t follow the men’s team our coach is Danny Hurley Bobby is the other :oops:
The problem is when we Read Hurley BOBBY immediately pops up. When DANNY is as popular/famous as Bobby we'll think Danny.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Well done article. Its good to know the Hurleys came into this with their eyes open.

From the glimpses we have all been able to get through the media, I think we have the right guy. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
This organization was hoodwinked by Ollie for a number of years. He won a title in his 1st year, but that was basically Calhoun's team, carried by 1 player in the Tourney. It masked all his flaws. It became increasingly apparent that he just didnt have the skills needed to recruit & coach a leading national program.

Reaction Score
Hurley has been tremendous on the recruiting front so far! He has already gotten verbals from two 4 star guards in James Bouknight and Jalen Gaffney. UConn is also believed to be in the lead for Akok Akok and Kofi Cockburn. Akok is a versatile 6'9 recruit, with a wing span over 7'8, that can play the 3,4,or 5 position and is ranked in the Top 30. Cockburn is the #31 ranked prospect in the country, he is a 6'10 man child, that weighs 275lbs without an ounce of fat on his body, and is immovable on the low block. There have been a ton of rumors on the men's board that both Akok and Cockburn are expected to commit next Monday. Finally, UConn is one of the finalists for Top 10, 5 star recruit Precious Achiuwa. Achiuwa is a 6'7 athletic freak, that most feel is a lock to be a lottery draft pick. This could end up being one of the best recruiting classes EVER at UConn!

Reaction Score
Nope not buying it
You can't buy what's not for sale. You see it one way and it is seen differently by others.
Can you actually say Danny Hurley is as well known as Bobby?
Have a great day. This can be continued on the Men's BB site.

Reaction Score
I c
You can't buy what's not for sale. You see it one way and it is seen differently by others.
Can you actually say Danny Hurley is as well known as Bobby?
Have a great day. This can be continued on the Men's BB site.
i can if I’m following the men’s team which was my original comment to Jordy every men’s fan know Danny coaches UConn but thank you for you two cents

Reaction Score
I c

i can if I’m following the men’s team which was my original comment to Jordy every men’s fan know Danny coaches UConn but thank you for you two cents
Two cents? since when has anything been worth 2 cents. BACK Danny Hurley sounds like a regular guy with his head screwed on straight--and a decent grip on what is lacking and has been, lacking on Uconn's Men's team. Thanks for your generous comments--I was pulling your leg a bit and you stayed positive, thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom