Other Successful Coaches Talk Geno | The Boneyard

Other Successful Coaches Talk Geno

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Memo from Kansas' Self: An appreciation for Auriemma

"It's excellence," Self said. "I think that Geno would be successful coaching men, pros, anywhere. He's a ball coach. The things that they do at Connecticut culturally are the same things that are successful regardless where they coach.

"He takes players that are talented, talented people, and puts them in situations where they have to get better. Anything less than doing it the best you can is unacceptable. What's amazing about Geno's run, and Mike Krzyzewski at Duke is the same way, is that he has not relaxed. He is just as intense now at getting better and coaching the Huskies as he was back when he got the job."

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Great article. I chuckled at this part:

Louisville coach Jeff Walz knows only one side when it comes to UConn. He is 0-13 against the Huskies since taking over the Cardinals' program a decade ago, including losses in the 2009 and 2013 national championship games. UConn will host Louisville at Gampel Pavilion in February.

He hasn't lost his sense of humor.

"Hopefully, Geno can make it to 1,000 this year," Walz said with a laugh. "If he continues to let Chris Dailey coach, I think he'll be OK. I'm not sure what he's done to get to (999), but I know what Chris has done."​

Reaction Score
Great article. I chuckled at this part:

Louisville coach Jeff Walz knows only one side when it comes to UConn. He is 0-13 against the Huskies since taking over the Cardinals' program a decade ago, including losses in the 2009 and 2013 national championship games. UConn will host Louisville at Gampel Pavilion in February.

He hasn't lost his sense of humor.

"Hopefully, Geno can make it to 1,000 this year," Walz said with a laugh. "If he continues to let Chris Dailey coach, I think he'll be OK. I'm not sure what he's done to get to (999), but I know what Chris has done."
Not many do understand or they would be there too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom