Other Fan Bases (AAC) | The Boneyard

Other Fan Bases (AAC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember MSG and how there'd be big blocks of fans from different teams. Is that even happening in Hartford? Are there any visiting fans? Bueller? Bueller?

Reaction Score
It's a football conference. Don't worry - there'll be huge fanbases for the AAC football tournament.

Reaction Score
It's a football conference. Don't worry - there'll be huge fanbases for the AAC football tournament.

That goes without saying. I mean look at how strong they traveled this year in the football playoffs.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
SMU had a decent turnout (crab outfit dude!), Temple had some as well. There was a block of about a dozen Tulsa fans who were animated, probably the players' families.

Reaction Score
I can't blame someone from Houston for not buying a plane ticket to Hartford to watch their team lose their second game. It's an absurd proposition.

Reaction Score
SMU had a decent turnout (crab outfit dude!), Temple had some as well. There was a block of about a dozen Tulsa fans who were animated, probably the players' families.

I think SMU traveled about as well as you can hope a school from Dallas could. They had 7 solid rows filled behind their bench. Seemed to be a mix of alumni and players/coaches relatives. And than they had like 15 students near their band which included a lobster who seemingly walked around the arena and introduced himself to everyone and a very attractive Dallas Cowboys cheerleader like blonde. And they also had some fans on the side opposite of the benches. Their band was my favorite.

Temple was weird. They seemed to have a pretty respectable collection of fans sprinkled around the arena. And than when the game came down the wire the crowd erupted with each Temple score. So I think they did have a pretty healthy amount.

Cincy had a couple rows behind their bench and ours and across the way. I saw only a couple of random Tulsa, Memphis, and ECU fans. Didn't see a Houston fan!

For all the XL Center haters, even with only 9500 there, the crowd was pretty damn electric and loud. The UConn students were present behind both hoops. The crowd was waiting to erupt all night yet our offensive struggles tested their patience.

Memphis the only school who didn't bring their band and cheerleaders. I mean really, even the football schools brought them!

With UConn, Temple, and SMU there for the double header, I expect a good atmosphere and crowd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Basketball wise- We rule- plain and simple.-even if we flame out this year we are still- at this moment -are the NCs of the NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom