Other boards | The Boneyard

Other boards

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Question....are there any other general women's basketball boards as active as this one? I know many schools have their own message boards but aside from this and sometimes Rebkell, do other general ones exist?

Reaction Score
Haven't found any other boards that come close to this one for overall women's general basketball commentary. ESPN used to have one, but now notes that it is "permanently closed."

Reaction Score
None that I know about. All the other boards that I have visited appear to be gripe and complain board. Nowhere, not even ESPN, has the depth of discussions about WBB topics that are discussed on the BY. I am a MSST graduate and I do follow the Elite Dawg message board but the information about MSST WBB on that board is no match for MSST WBB info available on the BY and Elite Dawg has no general WBB board.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It had been a while since I'd peeked in at it, but there's a Reddit page for NCAA WBB:

I see a ton of game threads but only a small portion of them elicit more than a comment or two. The UConn-USWNT game thread did get 41 comments. Might be worth checking out.

Reaction Score
LSU has one of the largest sports/message forums out there called Tigerdroppings. They don’t really discuss wbb, many have stopped following much under Nikki, especially the last few years. Our softball and gymnastics is discussed pretty heavily and have their own recruiting threads on the recruiting sub forum

Reaction Score
I am first a SEC football fan but several years back I had to stop reading their boards because it was some of the most vile, juvenile levels of language and discussion. The moderators were either absent or very lenient because threads about coaches, officials, players, families, recruiting could rapidly turn ugly with one or two inflammatory posts and it was just disappointing to see people continuously tear down anyone or anything they could.

I do remember the ESPN women's board as well as the Summitt. Both were good most of the time but also got ugly over a few of the hot topics we all know about. I didn't follow any boards for years until I found the BY during the rise of MSU several years back and I was here when we received our 60 point woodshed defeat that prompted one of my first posts where I congratulated the best team I ever saw. I found and still find this board to be hospitable, thought provoking, well supervised when things do get a little mean spirited. Even the less than complementary posts here are Shakespearean level dialogue compared to the SEC football boards let alone the average FB thread.

The UConn faithful have done a great job hosting fans of others and giving them appropriate respect. I honestly wish there were a few others with this level of activity and civility but even the next layer of programs on the hierarchy after UConn have a long, long, long way to go to catch the Huskies in terms of prominence and success.

Reaction Score
I am first a SEC football fan but several years back I had to stop reading their boards because it was some of the most vile, juvenile levels of language and discussion. The moderators were either absent or very lenient because threads about coaches, officials, players, families, recruiting could rapidly turn ugly with one or two inflammatory posts and it was just disappointing to see people continuously tear down anyone or anything they could.

I do remember the ESPN women's board as well as the Summitt. Both were good most of the time but also got ugly over a few of the hot topics we all know about. I didn't follow any boards for years until I found the BY during the rise of MSU several years back and I was here when we received our 60 point woodshed defeat that prompted one of my first posts where I congratulated the best team I ever saw. I found and still find this board to be hospitable, thought provoking, well supervised when things do get a little mean spirited. Even the less than complementary posts here are Shakespearean level dialogue compared to the SEC football boards let alone the average FB thread.

The UConn faithful have done a great job hosting fans of others and giving them appropriate respect. I honestly wish there were a few others with this level of activity and civility but even the next layer of programs on the hierarchy after UConn have a long, long, long way to go to catch the Huskies in terms of prominence and success.
Agree 100% with this post. The Stewie led team that beat MSST by 60 was and is the most dominate team I have watched play WBB. The mods on this board are a major difference between the nasty gripe Boards and BY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom