Ot_ Voting today.. | The Boneyard

Ot_ Voting today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought I missed it.... an empty parking lot.... no vote here signs.... no pushy vote for me in the lot people... If I had never voted there before I wouldn't know where to go... But I voted!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought I missed it.... an empty parking lot.... no vote here signs.... no pushy vote for me in the lot people... If I had never voted there before I wouldn't know where to go... But I voted!
Without the local election stuff (at least no town stuff for us) there weren't many (any) sign holders out when I went. Lot's of cars though, so I knew I was in the right place.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
How fast can they get the signs down?

I respect everyone's right to vote as they wish, whether I agree or not, however, here in AZ, I am appalled we appear to have (barely) passed a proposition that our state legislature can declare federal laws unconstitutional. As much as I understand the desire, the truth is, obviously, the new law will be found (eventually) to be unconstitutional itself, but costing how much in the interim . . .

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I worked as a clerk at the polls yesterday, long day 15 hours. We had a total of four items. Gov/Lt. Gov, State Senator, State House, and something else.

Reaction Score
How fast can they get the signs down?

I respect everyone's right to vote as they wish, whether I agree or not, however, here in AZ, I am appalled we appear to have (barely) passed a proposition that our state legislature can declare federal laws unconstitutional. As much as I understand the desire, the truth is, obviously, the new law will be found (eventually) to be unconstitutional itself, but costing how much in the interim . . .
And we defeated a City of PHX pension reform bill that was written by the same politicians campaigning against it

Reaction Score
I did the same thing for Charles Ferraro (a loyal Boneyarder) here in the 117th District.

He worked hiss butt off to win a thankless job and I'm glad some good people (who aren't out to butter their own bread) are willing to do it. My sore butt was a small price to pay.

[mod edit]

I worked as a clerk at the polls yesterday, long day 15 hours. We had a total of four items. Gov/Lt. Gov, State Senator, State House, and something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, Jim, I was a clerk not a poll watcher. I was working for the county not a candidate. My family has had a long history of serving at the polls.

Dad told me to work at the polls before coming home for his 90th birthday.

Reaction Score
OK, I understand.

Whichever.....political service is (or should be) a calling. I remember fondly when, the CT Legislature met every two years; now it's a near full time deal and certainly no more efficient than the old way (and it probably discourages good people from service).

No, Jim, I was a clerk not a poll watcher. I was working for the county not a candidate. My family has had a long history of serving at the polls.

Dad told me to work at the polls before coming home for his 90th birthday.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Our jobs are essentially confirming signatures and recording voters and insuring the security of the ballots and integrity of the vote.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Our jobs are essentially confirming signatures and recording voters and insuring the security of the ballots and integrity of the vote.

Can't do that in CT Ice.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Can't do which?
I worked CT polls 40 years years ago.

Referring sarcastically to the sketchy practices at CT polling places the last few elections - xeroxed ballots, no ballots, lost and found ballots, no voting lists, etc.

Maybe 40 years ago there was a little more integrity, Icebear.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Referring sarcastically to the sketchy practices at CT polling places the last few elections - xeroxed ballots, no ballots, lost and found ballots, no voting lists, etc.

Maybe 40 years ago there was a little more integrity, Icebear.
I have no idea about any of that stuff. I will say that it is inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom