OT: Your Clueless Pro Athlete Of The Year...Maple Leafs Goalie Jonathan Bernier | The Boneyard

OT: Your Clueless Pro Athlete Of The Year...Maple Leafs Goalie Jonathan Bernier

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's been a rough couple of days and we could use some levity. The stupidity of others is as good a source as any.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...andela-at-nelson-mandela-event-215605061.html

Reporter1 (SportsNet mic): Alright Jonathan, how important is, uh, the legacy of Nelson Mandela to you?

JB: Well obviously he’s been, uh, a tremendous, uh, athlete and you know obviously what, uh, he means to all the sports you know when you know the worl- the world can uh be changed by the sports it’s pretty amazing. And I think he’s definitely uh got a lot of respect in every sports and uh he’s definitely one of the athletes I watched growing up as well.

Reporter1’s mic disappears from frame

Reporter2: Why is it important for you to come show support tonight?

JB: Well I think any good cause is, uh, sorry (he’s apologizing to someone to the left of the screen, not sure who/why), it’s always, uh, you know I love supporting, uh, any kind of cause obviously it’s for the Afri-, in Africa it’s obviously it’s, uh, a great cause, and enjoying, I guess, the basketball game.

Reporter2: Thanks.

Reaction Score
He was even one syllable away from saying "The Africa"
I still maintain the position that Ms. South Carolina knew exactly what she was doing when she said, "the Iraq." She simply meant to clarify that, among the various Iraqs about which one might pontificate, she was discussing the Iraq.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Why in God's Name did someone care what he thought of Nelson Mandela? Was he acquired by the Blackhawks?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Reading this reminds me of the Brendon Frazier from the movie with Elizabeth Hurley movie "Bedazzled" where the guy is granted wishes but every good thing has a worse thing that comes with it. In one part he becomes a basketball star but dumb as a stump and when the reporter interviews him all he says is "I played good. The team played good....." The depressing thing is that this guy and his ignorance are laughing all the way to the bank. Like Floyd Mayweather Jr. He doesn't need to read to cash the checks.

Reaction Score
Why in God's Name did someone care what he thought of Nelson Mandela? Was he acquired by the Blackhawks?

Yeah, this is my point. A reporter asked him that question in the hopes that he'd say something stupid just so he could mock him.

Reaction Score
Yeah, this is my point. A reporter asked him that question in the hopes that he'd say something stupid just so he could mock him.

They were at an event honoring Nelson Mandela so it wasn't exactly out of left field.

Reaction Score
To be fair, hockey in South African has come a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom