OT: You can't teach height (or heart) | The Boneyard

OT: You can't teach height (or heart)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ref didn't throw the ball high enough and Gibson was quicker to the ball.

You can't teach height or heart is a very true statement. 6'4" didn't get that high off the ground either. Just because you're tall does not mean you can jump. There are a lot of players 6 feet or taller that can't dunk, while others like 5-10 Shakayla Thomas recently of Florida State can easily dunk.

Don't forget that 5-7 Spud "I got hops" Webb once won an NBA dunk contest. :cool: Having "hops" is a gift. Gabby Williams (my girl) is 5'11", but can out jump most players 4-5 inches taller. You either have it, or you don't. If you're not born with hops, the only way you can get some is in a can of beer. ;) Cheers! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ref didn't throw the ball high enough and Gibson was quicker to the ball.
I think I speak for all of us vertically challenged when I say,

1542747917303.png

gipke1

LMULionFan
Reaction Score
You can't teach height or heart is a very true statement. 6'4" didn't get that high off the ground either. Just because you're tall does not mean you can jump. There are a lot of players 6 feet or taller that can't dunk, while others like 5-10 Shakayla Thomas recently of Florida State can easily dunk. Don't forget that 5-7 Spud "I got hops" Webb once won an NBA dunk contest.:cool: Having "hops" is a gift. Gabby Williams (my girl) is 5'11", but can out jump most players 4-5 inches taller. You either have it, or you don't. The only "hops" you can purchase over the counter is in beer. ;) Cheers! :D

Ha! One of her cousins is 5'5" and played for Fredrick Price in L.A. and easily dunks the ball at will. It's like he's got a jet pack or something and just launches himself up, converting horizontal speed into vertical height. It's the most amazing thing. I'm going to try to get a link to him dunking. She swears she's gonna be dunking by her senior year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom