OT Yankee Stadium Parking | The Boneyard

OT Yankee Stadium Parking

Reaction Score
Going to game 2 of ALDS......coming up from Maryland-what's the best place to park? Easy in/out and cheapest.
What are parking costs for playoffs? $50 and up?

Reaction Score
Depends where you want to go after the game. I lived in NJ and would always park at the Bronx Terminal Market....easy out to go across the city to west side highway/GWB

I'm usually concerned more about getting out of the stadium after the game than easy access to the game

Reaction Score
There are alternate parking lots through park whiz including the one mentioned above. I park at MPG parking on 165th st. $20. it's a 15 minute walk from Stadium. I drive up the Grand Concourse and then connect to highways from there. No heavy stadium traffic. Book in advance. If game is rained out the charge is canceled.

Reaction Score
I recommend the same garage as @ctkaiser. Parked there for the first time when I went to a game on my birthday and will park there for all future games.

It's right near the Bronx Museum of Arts so it's far enough away from the Stadium that allows you to go north on Grand Concourse against traffic towards I-95 rather than west to I-87 where most drivers head after a game.

It's an easy 10-15 minute walk to the stadium and there are a few bodegas to pass on the way in to grab waters and snacks to bring into the game or a quick beer on the go.

Reaction Score
I park on Sedgwick ave. Free side street parking. If you get there early enough. It’s like the on ramp to the highway. and legal!

Reaction Score
The MPG at 165th and Grand Concourse is good. Lately I've been parking at the iPark on Concourse Village West - it's a little less busy IMHO. About a 10 min walk - far enough to avoid all the craziness around the stadium. Make a reservation at either.

If you're going with someone older keep in mind that both of these garages are an uphill walk on the way back - the streets around 165th are especially steep.

Reaction Score
Well if he's coming up from Maryland then Westport isn't that convenient.

There are plenty of NJ Transit Park & Rides in that direction.

Not sure when you're going, but both UN and Trump are in town this week, so gridlock everywhere. Entire east side drive (FDR) is closed from S tip of Manhattan (Whitehall St at the Battery) to Triboro bridege, etc, for the week.

Reaction Score
To avoid the mess around the stadium and the parking lot that is Deegan (I-87), I cross the Tappan and drive south on 9W to Irvington NY and take Metro North in from there. It's $4.75 to park (free on weekends). I've never had a problem finding parking spaces for weeknight and weekend games in Irvington. The direct train from there to Yankee Stadium takes about 30 minutes and is $8.50 Round-Trip (adult e-ticket that you can buy in advance or at the station). Metro North has special trains for the start of the game and adjusts the schedules to align with the end of the game. It's a 5 minute walk from the MTA station to the Stadium.

It's a hike from Maryland (what isn't); but the easiest way is the NJ Turnpike up to Woodbrigde and then take the Garden State north until it ends on I-87/NY Turnpike just before the Tappan. The exit for 9W is right after the bridge.

PS - As noted above by sledog, it is UN week. Avoid Manhattan, especially the East Side, at all costs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom