OT Wouldn't Want to be this Player | The Boneyard

OT Wouldn't Want to be this Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My oldest son scored only one "touchdown" during his year in pee-wee football. Ran almost the entire length of the football field in the wrong direction. He was so excited, it was hard to explain to him that he didn't score a touchdown but a safety. The poor kid still didn't really understand until years later. Needless to say, football was not his sport.

Reaction Score
Some of you will know about this... in the 2011 Connecticut Class LL baseball championship game, a Southington runner scored the winning run from second base -- except he didn't. He missed the plate (Southington fans are free to disagree, just as UConn fans don't think Stef ever committed a foul). Newington appealed at the plate, the runner was called out, and Newington eventually won the game.

I was assigned to photograph the game and managed to get a good shot of the kid missing the plate:

missing_plate.jpg

Every time I read a story such as the one linked to at the top of this thread, I think about that kid and how he must feel every time he remembers that game, which I'm sure is often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom