OT: Woke Up To Happy Olympic News | The Boneyard

OT: Woke Up To Happy Olympic News

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Soft ball will be back in the next Olympics. It left because of US dominance and international spite. Guess what. It is a great draw and in case you never noticed it is an immensely competitive and athletic sport. Very happy for the US collegiate sport to have it return.

Baseball, softball to return to Summer Olympics in 2020 | Fox News

OBTW: Go Raybestos Brakettes! 'Course they were playing on an asbestos land fil but...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am one of the odd balls that enjoys softball more than baseball. :D
Rocky will probably remember this but for the others...
Joan Joyce: the best Ted Williams ever faced Joan still coaching at Florida Atlantic.

I'll double up on that. JJ was a force of nature. She could make anyone look ridiculous.

753 career wins and 46 losses.

You read it right!

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
But the decision only puts it in for 2020. Oly games after 2020 are yet to be decided.

Count me in as one who follows the yellow ball. Of all the sports I covered on radio, I enjoyed softball more than any other. I think it is one of the most difficult sports to broadcast well, and one of the most rewarding. Several of the athletes I met are still good friends with whom I enjoy staying in touch.

And on our campus, if you needed help with your homework, ring up either the volleyball or softball players. Team GPA of 3.75 wasn't uncommon. Great kids!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Lot of softball fans on the board, Rocky - I coached it for 20 years, Tony's got a deep background, and others do as well.
VolNation has a lot of post on softball, seems that its big in the south

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Still can't understand why there needs to be softball for women???? Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
I played varsity softball for four years in high school, then rec league until I had to quit at 36. Loved the game and I still miss playing. My body doesn't though lol

I'm glad it will be back for 2020.

Reaction Score
Still can't understand why there needs to be softball for women???? Makes no sense.
No spitting match here Meyers but sometimes common sense does not make sense to everyone. :) If this is sarcasm I missed it. ;)
In another realm it's like thinking wolves and sheep have the same game..... :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No spitting match here Meyers but sometimes common sense does not make sense to everyone. :) If this is sarcasm I missed it. ;)
In another realm it's like thinking wolves and sheep have the same game..... :D
Why can't they just play baseball?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom