OT-- WNBA Pretty Weak

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by hoophuskee, Sep 10, 2017.

1. hoophuskee

hoophuskee

I had forgotten about this. But it is imo a disgrace that the WNBA is forcing the 3rd and 4th best teams in the WNBA just a 1 game sudden death. I thought it was 2 of 3.

I'ts not like I'm big time upset. I'm not. I just look at for example how hot NY Liberty are. And for as well as they've played the last month-- one game can knock them out?

Ridiculous.

2. VAUConnFan

VAUConnFan

While I do not disagree, CT and NY, in a sudden death scenario, have to be able to utilize their home court advantage; Especially with a first round bye.

eebmg and cbraarj like this.
  3. EricLA

EricLA Cronus

I mentioned the same thing in the thread on the NY vs. Washington game. At least I think I did. You know, old brains and what not - they ain't what they used to me.

I don't mind the 1 game play in for the 1st round, but after that, would prefer to see at the very least, 2 out of 3 in the next round, 3 out of 5 in the next round, and 4 out of 7 for the finals. The more games the better IMHO. Let's the better teams generally win over a longer series instead of rewarding the team that has a great game vs. the "better" team who has an off night. Sort of like UCONN losing to Mississippi State last year! ;)

4. eebmg

eebmg

I imagine this would cut into any rest time the players may have before going over to international play.

5. Orangutan

Orangutan South Bend Simian

You're right, it is ridiculous. However, I find it difficult to muster up any outrage when the whole thing (really the whole) season is just a march toward the obvious Lynx-Sparks series.

6. Geew1992

Geew1992

Eh, I like it. Makes the 1 and done games more exciting. And each game means something.

7. chrissaran

chrissaran

Every game in the playoffs mean something. One and done in the first round is fine. Two out of three for the next round.