OT - Windsor Boys Track National Champs | The Boneyard

OT - Windsor Boys Track National Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I sure did...and was going to link it. Super job...uhhh...by them....not you!

I see that their stud gal sprinter...Baker....is going to UConn but not going to run track....focus is on career in medicine.
Maybe not a national elite runner but would have made her mark at the UConn level.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I sure did...and was going to link it. Super job...uhhh...by them....not you!

I see that their stud gal sprinter...Baker....is going to UConn but not going to run track....focus is on career in medicine.
Maybe not a national elite runner but would have made her mark at the UConn level.
I know the Bonner boy... he won a lot of in-state stuff over the past few years

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That happened right in my city..... they've had this event here for the past decade or so... i always say imma go check it out... but havent been yet.

They couldnt have asked for a better weekend to have it... temps around 80 and low humidity....... probably the last weekend like that until late september.

Reaction Score
That's a very good achievement. I think it's fair to point out, however, that many of the top athletes don't compete in this meet. For example, Texas alone has at least 15 4x200 teams that have run more than two seconds faster than Windsor's time at New Balance. According to Dyestat, their time ranks them as the 65th fastest relay team for this year. A great accomplishment for a northeastern team, but Texas is another world when it comes to sprints.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
That's a very good achievement. I think it's fair to point out, however, that many of the top athletes don't compete in this meet. For example, Texas alone has at least 15 4x200 teams that have run more than two seconds faster than Windsor's time at New Balance. According to Dyestat, their time ranks them as the 65th fastest relay team for this year. A great accomplishment for a northeastern team, but Texas is another world when it comes to sprints.
welp... Windsor is the National Champs because Texas teams had other things to do

Reaction Score
welp... Windsor is the National Champs because Texas teams had other things to do

Actually they are "national champs" because New Balance chooses to call its meet by that name. The majority of the top athletes do not participate and few regard the meet as a national championship.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Actually they are "national champs" because New Balance chooses to call its meet by that name. The majority of the top athletes do not participate and few regard the meet as a national championship.
hahahaha I hear ya
x1o324mj8qfnkt9vdszd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member