OT- Wimbledon | The Boneyard

OT- Wimbledon

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Will Federer get another? Won handily yesterday in 3. I was tempted by Nadal at 5/1 before the tournament started but held off. Kyrgios a sleeper?

Reaction Score
Not a prediction but an appreciation;

If you had told me in 2010 or whenever that we'd be sitting here in July 2018 discussing Federer and Nadal contending for major titles, I would've said you were crazy.

Reaction Score
I thought this was gonna be a thread about the 2004 movie starring Kirsten Dunst.

Drew

Reaction Score
Not a prediction but an appreciation;

If you had told me in 2010 or whenever that we'd be sitting here in July 2018 discussing Federer and Nadal contending for major titles, I would've said you were crazy.
Crazy right? I think Federer is smart to have skipped the clay season the last two years. He looks sharp although obviously its only one match.

Always cheer for Del Potro in these majors. Thought he would get a Wimbledon at some point but that continues to look less and less likely

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Grass is such a unique surface like clay that I would be surprised if Federer isn't playing for the title at least, though I admit I haven't looked at the draw in full. I would think Cilic or DelPo would be his biggest stumbling block.

Kyrgios could be tough too if he keeps his head on straight for every set but I wouldn't bet on that...

Drew

Reaction Score
Have really enjoyed these behind the scenes looks with Chris Fowler. Lucky guy getting to do the majors and prime time CFB:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Federer ousted in the fifth and Del Potro giving Nadal a run for his money so far...exciting day

Drew

Reaction Score
Federer ousted in the fifth and Del Potro giving Nadal a run for his money so far...exciting day
Really wanted a Nadal Federer final but hats off to Anderson coming back from 2 sets down against a guy that hadnt lost a set the entire tournament. Thinking Nadal v Djokovic will be fun to watch as will Kerber vs Serena if they both win tomorrow

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Really wanted a Nadal Federer final but hats off to Anderson coming back from 2 sets down against a guy that hadnt lost a set the entire tournament. Thinking Nadal v Djokovic will be fun to watch as will Kerber vs Serena if they both win tomorrow

This will get me branded as a heretic in some circles, but I'm all for new blood breaking through. Nadal/Djokovic will smoke whoever wins the other semi though.

Drew

Reaction Score
This Isner Anderson match is nuts. 10-9 Isner in the 5th set. With the way these two serve this could go on for a long long time

Reaction Score
20-20 in the 5th. After 7-6 (8-6), 6-7 (7-5), 6-7 (11-9) and 6-4. Sounds like maybe they're evenly matched? In my opinion, whomever eventually wins will have no more claim of being better than the other had they just gone to a tie-break. This isn't like going to PKs in soccer where you determine a game with luck or a different game. This now ruins the final because whoever wins will have played a minimum of 7 sets worth of tennis. Then again, these guys barely rally so maybe it's easier on them. I'm watching at work. Except for the absurdity of the length, it's not very intriguing just watching guys hit aces.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
20-20 in the 5th. After 7-6 (8-6), 6-7 (7-5), 6-7 (11-9) and 6-4. Sounds like maybe they're evenly matched? In my opinion, whomever eventually wins will have no more claim of being better than the other had they just gone to a tie-break. This isn't like going to PKs in soccer where you determine a game with luck or a different game. This now ruins the final because whoever wins will have played a minimum of 7 sets worth of tennis. Then again, these guys barely rally so maybe it's easier on them. I'm watching at work. Except for the absurdity of the length, it's not very intriguing just watching guys hit aces.

No disrespect to these two, but neither will be beating Djokovic/Nadal regardless of how exhausted they are from their previous matches.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Neither man can break the other it's ridiculous to watch lol.

Drew

Reaction Score
Isner is absolutely gassed. Its only a matter of time until he is broken. He hasn't even generated a break opportunity on Anderson's serve this entire set.

Drew

Reaction Score
Djokovic to the finals versus Anderson. Honestly didn’t see that happening. Good for Novak for making a run after the challenges he’s faced

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom