OT: Will He Plead Insanity: Sell Tesla Shares/Cars Fast | The Boneyard

OT: Will He Plead Insanity: Sell Tesla Shares/Cars Fast

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Musk has been acting bizzarely for months. I suspect it was due to his desperation over false information pushed out on sales and the production capacity failures of Model 3. The SEC was put in a corner. Take his scalp or lose all credibility as an enforcement watch dog.

SEC Sues Elon Musk for Fraud, Seeks Removal From Tesla

It's about time.

Reaction Score
If you own TSLA stock you should worry now. After the market TSLA was down 11.9%.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think there will be a certain market adjustment, but that's strictly because of his behavior. The product is and will remain solid and in the long that's what counts. Watch the prices drop and buy in a few, I think.

Reaction Score
Why do I wonder why the media has had daily articles pointedly negative about Tesla? Every time a Tesla catches fire it's a feature article. Last I looked a lot of internal combustion cars catch fire every day. Could it be possible that the advertising $$$ from the oil industry and the major car manufacturers is shaping the news?
I saw a documentary in the last year that showed how Detroit sabotaged it's own electric car venture several years ago. I'm sure it's just my imagination. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tesla inventory of cars figures were bogus and lots of Tesla cars were stashed away in remote lots. Musk is the low hanging fruit and they may dig no further???

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If you own TSLA stock you should worry now. After the market TSLA was down 11.9%.

But he'll announce building cars in space by 2021 and the stock will soar. :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why do I wonder why the media has had daily articles pointedly negative about Tesla? Every time a Tesla catches fire it's a feature article. Last I looked a lot of internal combustion cars catch fire every day. Could it be possible that the advertising $$$ from the oil industry and the major car manufacturers is shaping the news?
I saw a documentary in the last year that showed how Detroit sabotaged it's own electric car venture several years ago. I'm sure it's just my imagination. :rolleyes:

Nearly anything that is manufactured creates pollution nothing more than automobiles that are on the road. Oil, Auto Mfgrs, Tire producers killed the old Trolly car and much of the commuter train transportation that would have minimized the pollution now seen. Money makes the world go-round and stops some positive inventions--TESLA, the man is an excellent example.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

If you don't, when TSLA and the rest of the market crashes, gobble it up. I don't expect Tesla to go under.

Reaction Score
As an investor I would not touch Tesla with a ten foot pole. First of all the stock price is and has been well over valued. Built in the price is a EM vision of a possible future of electric and/or self driving cars etc. I don’t want to prepay for ifs and maybes. Plus the stock is too volatile, at this point you mine as well go to Vegas than invest in Tesla.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I agree. TLSA is a good buy but wait after Musk leaves TLSA. Next week may be a buy chance.

Sorry Charlie.

Crazy deal will continue to sink Tesla. The Securities and Exchange Commission has settled securities fraud charges with Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who will remain at the head of the company, while stepping down as chairman of the electric-car maker, according to a news release from the SEC. Tesla’s Elon Musk, SEC settle fraud charges

Tesla’s Elon Musk, SEC settle fraud charges

Reaction Score
Sorry Charlie.

Crazy deal will continue to sink Tesla. The Securities and Exchange Commission has settled securities fraud charges with Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who will remain at the head of the company, while stepping down as chairman of the electric-car maker, according to a news release from the SEC. Tesla’s Elon Musk, SEC settle fraud charges

Tesla’s Elon Musk, SEC settle fraud charges
Yes and Elon and the company each have to fork over $20 million (chump change), and the new chairman for sure won’t take any direction from Elon (RIGHT!!).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
SEC fraud charges aren't the only legal woes Tesla CEO Elon Musk is facing

And the new CFO ditched in maybe 2 months; I suspect the whistleblower will eventually be wealthy. Musk was laying off 100s of employees and saying everything was peachy this summer. The problems with scaling up production of Model 3 were also growing apparent. The company needs more money. Oh wait, the going private ham fisted con job to raise share prices. Drugged up, can't sleep blah, blah followed by on air cannabis and whiskey. That's some board of directors. Where is Carl Icahn when the S/H need him. Class actions will eat this company up. If you are a day trader and have nothing better to do, play on - volatility is your friend.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Investor shorting Tesla has written a "poison pen" letter to shareholders with a theory as good as any other maybe?

Greenlight Capital’s David Einhorn, who has been shorting Tesla for some time, said in a poison-pen letter Friday to investors that the eccentric billionaire is looking for a way out of his company to avoid the blame if it collapses.
Playing the role of Dr. Freud, Einhorn — who admitted that his fund was down 25.7 percent for the year — wrote that Musk is unable to build the Model 3 without losing money, but that he is too proud to admit defeat and cancel orders.
“His conduct suggests that he is doing his best to be relieved of his position as CEO to avoid accountability,” Einhorn wrote.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/05/activ...cc=morning_report&mpweb=755-7355956-719293442

Reaction Score
Tesla down again

Stay away at least until it hits 150-180
Or stay away forever if you believe the car guys who say no way he can EVER be profitable on the affordable version of the Model 3. Plus BMW, Audi and others who already know how to build cars are coming next year with EV’s for the US. IMO Elon will be happy just to be the one to have led the charge - doesn’t necessarily need to win the long game. He’ll cash out to Google when the stock price gets low enough for them.

Reaction Score
The stock was a good investment a couple of years ago; paid for most of the vehicle. I got the car at the right time also...free supercharging for life...I put on 9000 miles in 6 months and it hasn't cost me a penny yet. The money saved on gas actually paid for the insurance. All the new vehicles coming out will never match driving for free.

In the 6 months, I've never had to wait for a charger.. most chargers the coming vehicles use are available in 1 or 2 pairs, so there will be waiting lines ...and a cost. I love the car!

Reaction Score
Or stay away forever if you believe the car guys who say no way he can EVER be profitable on the affordable version of the Model 3. Plus BMW, Audi and others who already know how to build cars are coming next year with EV’s for the US. IMO Elon will be happy just to be the one to have led the charge - doesn’t necessarily need to win the long game. He’ll cash out to Google when the stock price gets low enough for them.

I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.
Mine as well take your money to Vegas

Reaction Score
My friend has a Model 3. But he suggests me to buy Lexus or Nissan Hybrids.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Tesla down again

Stay away at least until it hits 150-180
Yep. Maybe 125-150. Then buybuybuy. He may be done, but the product is still viable.

Reaction Score
What is also going to hurt Tesla is all the new vehicles coming out will get the $7500 tax credit while Tesla has hit the 200,000 target and starts getting fazed down..

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My friend has a Model 3. But he suggests me to buy Lexus or Nissan Hybrids.

I bought a plug-in BWM 530e and love it. I do wish the battery range was longer, but it works for my daily driving. I'm getting about 150 mpg on my current tank.

JordyG

Reaction Score
What is also going to hurt Tesla is all the new vehicles coming out will get the $7500 tax credit while Tesla has hit the 200,000 target and starts getting fazed down..
When oil goes to $100 a barrel (or more) that tax credit will be secondary to peoples car buying habits.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

And how do you spell Class Actions??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom