OT: Who are the Top Seven Seniors Heading into the WNBA Draft | The Boneyard

OT: Who are the Top Seven Seniors Heading into the WNBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Be sweet if Plum fell to Seattle at 5. I think she and McCall of this group would be the best 'gets' for them - they need post and PG help because I don't think Jewell should be a PG as a pro. Allen is a great college PG, but like Johnson last year i question if she has enough offensive potential to be really successful in the W. Plum for all her scoring seems to have a PG mentality.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If these are the best players that the college class of 2017 has to offer, then Curt Miller and the Connecticut Sun were shrewd to trade away their first round draft pick this year. There is no one on this list who can help the Sun as much as Jonquel Jones and Courtney Williams, whom they acquired in trades last summer.

Let's hope that the Sun's new impact player in 2017 is the Spanish Olympian whose draft rights they have held for a long time, and who may finally decide to play in the WNBA this year. Her name is, umm, ...

ALBA TORRENS!

(It finally came to me.)

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Be sweet if Plum fell to Seattle at 5. I think she and McCall of this group would be the best 'gets' for them - they need post and PG help because I don't think Jewell should be a PG as a pro. Allen is a great college PG, but like Johnson last year i question if she has enough offensive potential to be really successful in the W. Plum for all her scoring seems to have a PG mentality.

Pipe dream, I'm afraid. Plum seems like an easy lottery pick.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Pipe dream, I'm afraid. Plum seems like an easy lottery pick.
Probably - but you never know with transfer/red shirt players who would be eligible to enter the draft this year - Davis and Grey, DD and Russell, Prince and Jones, Lexie Brown, and a few others.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nina Davis?? While she has had a good college career I am not convinced she will make it as a pro.
Kaela as in SC transfer - same class as Gray and DD and Mavunga who are all eligible to enter after this year. This class of HS recruits had most of the top twenty transfer or medical redshirt - so their is a large amount of talent that can choose another year on campus or to start their pro career and it will greatly change the nature of the WNBA draft when those choices get made. If they all stay, next years draft will include most of two HS years of talent.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure why Alexis Jones isnt on this list.

Still no love for Alexis for some reason. I agree that she was the best player on the floor in the UCONN game but since Baylor doesn't play ND or SC she won't get the exposure she needs to put her talent on display. I still wouldn't trade her for any guard in America.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Kaela as in SC transfer - same class as Gray and DD and Mavunga who are all eligible to enter after this year. This class of HS recruits had most of the top twenty transfer or medical redshirt - so their is a large amount of talent that can choose another year on campus or to start their pro career and it will greatly change the nature of the WNBA draft when those choices get made. If they all stay, next years draft will include most of two HS years of talent.

I was referring to Nina Davis--Baylor senior. Not Kaela Davis.

Reaction Score
Still no love for Alexis for some reason. I agree that she was the best player on the floor in the UCONN game but since Baylor doesn't play ND or SC she won't get the exposure she needs to put her talent on display. I still wouldn't trade her for any guard in America.
I totally agree with you. I know teams pick on needs, but I would pick Alexis Jones over anyone one that list. In fact no one on that list can compare to any player at same position in last years draft. Yet another reason why no team has a lock on a championship this season. There are about 10 teams able to make FF, and after that it will come down to who has the hot hand .

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was referring to Nina Davis--Baylor senior. Not Kaela Davis.
Sorry - I thought you were questioning my inclusion of 'Davis' in a transfer/red shirt listing.
I tend to agree with you - Davis is going to find the next level difficult to navigate - like Barb Turner did - undersized post players lose the advantage they had in college in quickness/toughness in the WNBA because there are enough taller players with those same attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom