OT: Which Olympic sport are you most looking forward to? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Which Olympic sport are you most looking forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I have a neighbor I have been trying to brush off. Do you think if.....oh, never mind.

Reaction Score
Swimming, diving, and all other water sports. Love, love, love water sports!
Ah, and for obvious reasons: women's basketball:)

Reaction Score
I have tried to catch some of the Olympic trials when I can. Watching the diving right now.

Tomorrow the Olympic swimming trials kick off in Omaha, and my sister and niece are going to the opening round, hoping to see Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte face off in the 400 IM - IF Phelps swims it. He is playing coy with the press and not revealing which events he will actually swim. I am SOOOOO jeaolous of my sister. I completely forgot the Olympic swim trials are in Omaha - second Olympics in a row. Should have planned a family visit for this next week, what was I thinking? I could have doubled up the College World Series finals and the swim trials. Four years ago I was back in Omaha for less then pleasant reasons (go through my mothers personal belongings after her death) but I flew home the day after the trials ended with many of the swimmers on my flight on their way their connections in Chicago. Never been around so many tanned people on one flight in my life! Not sure who she was, but one of the female swimmers was a complete prima donna, giving the gate agent all kinds of grief because she wasn't getting her way on her seating. (Her mother was worse!)

Watched Ashton Eaton set the world decathalon record yesterday, along with some of the other track events last evening.

I am getting psyched up for the Olympics!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chapette, I think you missed the last horse to Omaha about a week ago. :) I hope the rest of the family enjoyed it. Lochte has a shot at NINE golds.

Reaction Score
Oh, my....I didn't know that they were serving a buffet! I will have to add Men's VB to my list as well which contains:

Women's Basketball
Equestrian events
Mens and Womens Swimming & Diving
Women's and Men's Gymnastics (maybe rhythmic gynmastics, but I run hot and cold on this event)
Trampoline
Women's (and Mens) Volleyball
Rowing
Tennis
Track & Field
I could keep going...I love the Olympics and try to watch as much of it as I can
Track&Field- so many events and all contestants represent years of effort.Shows on their fases some times.

Reaction Score
Besides Women's basketball, which is the obvious selection for most here.

I usually try to catch as much of the swimming, diving, gymnastics and track and field as I can. I am jealous of my sister and niece. They are going to attend the opening day of the Olympic swim trials in Omaha. Omaha is a happening place this summer with the College World Series AND the Olympic swim trials scheduled to overlap by one or possibly two days.

I confess to wishing bocce was an Olympic sport. It is the closest thing to curling for a summer sport.

Team Handball... (a shame that most American's don't know about the sport.) Also swimming and (another sport Americans don't know about) field hockey! Go USA Women's (would love to see the USA Field Hockey team win the gold!)

Reaction Score
Besides Women's basketball, which is the obvious selection for most here.

I usually try to catch as much of the swimming, diving, gymnastics and track and field as I can. I am jealous of my sister and niece. They are going to attend the opening day of the Olympic swim trials in Omaha. Omaha is a happening place this summer with the College World Series AND the Olympic swim trials scheduled to overlap by one or possibly two days.

I confess to wishing bocce was an Olympic sport. It is the closest thing to curling for a summer sport.
All of them....
Seriously, I'll watch any Olympic sport, period.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
All of them....
Seriously, I'll watch any Olympic sport, period.
I was sure I'd open your post and see your answer as "Cross Country Skiing"

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Add beach volleyball for me, just watched a clip on Misty and Kerri, hoping for another gold for them.

Reaction Score
Add beach volleyball for me, just watched a clip on Misty and Kerri, hoping for another gold for them.
Beach Volleyball is a great sport...but I still am going with my choices!! If someone started a pro NATIONAL HANDBALL LEAGUE, team Handball would be popular in the USA!:)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now the Olympics really get exciting for me. I love the track events.... but especially the men's and women's 200, 400, and the men's and women's 4x100, 4x400 relays. I know the 100's get most of the publicity..... but its too short... and i love the way the runner's hit the curve in the 200, 400 and sprint towards the end.

I'll say.. i've never been a huge fan of the distance events... but I watched the women's 10,000 meter final yesterday, and it was one of the most amazing...exciting races that I've ever seen.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There was some truly amazing table tennis. Dong Ding and Feng and then Li X X had some amazing rallies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom