OT: when will Georgia realize | The Boneyard

OT: when will Georgia realize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that Mark Richt will never get them to a national championship game?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They already know. Problem is winning 9-10 games in the SEC consistently means you've got a hell of a coach and it's more likely you replace him with someone worse.

Reaction Score
I can recruit for Georgia. If LSU, Bama, Auburn and Texas A&M can go out and find good coaches, there's no excuse for coming up short year after year at Georgia. Georgia is a destination job, Richt hasn't cut it, they might win today, but he has to go

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the kind of logic that leads you to believe Edsall didn't do a good job at UConn.

No it's not, don't use silly examples to prove a point. Year after year Georgia seems to have a solid recruiting class full of stars, but somehow they don't deliver.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No it's not, don't use silly examples to prove a point

Edsall got killed here when winning 8 games a year. Richt gets killed winning 10 a year. It's pretty similar.

Yeah Georgia gets players. They also have a ridiculous schedule. Oh they lost by a field goal at South Carolina...

Steve Spurrier can't coach at all I guess?

Reaction Score
Edsall got killed here when winning 8 games a year. Richt gets killed winning 10 a year. It's pretty similar.

There's nothing similar about your comparison. I'm not going to get into a pissing match. Most Uconn fans have no problems with edsall's record on the field. I don't think anyone killed him for that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's nothing similar about your comparison. I'm not going to get into a pissing match

Not a problem. You think it's a lot easier than it is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You tell me where's it's easier to coach, Georgia or Uconn?

Honestly it takes a better coach to win 10 games at Georgia than it does to win 8 games at UConn.

Edsall wouldn't last a month at Georgia and Richt would win 8 games at UConn like clockwork.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No it's not, don't use silly examples to prove a point. Year after year Georgia seems to have a solid recruiting class full of stars, but somehow they don't deliver.

Yes because you've defined 'deliver' as 'win national championships'. Yeah they get top 10 recruiting classes and finish around the top 10 every year.

Reaction Score
There's nothing similar about your comparison. I'm not going to get into a pissing match. Most Uconn fans have no problems with edsall's record on the field. I don't think anyone killed him for that.

a lot of fans complained that Edsall couldn't get us to the "next level". So we got a coach who could do that. The next level down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
a lot of fans complained that Edsall couldn't get us to the "next level". So we got a coach who could do that. The next level down.

Yeah he could but until he does he hasn't.

Reaction Score
Still possible if they get to SEC championship game, though not easy. His QB is very average at best, not Whitmer bad, but very average. Gurley is a stud, defense not great and usually reliable FG kicker missed a couple.

South Carolina has a chance too in theory.

That USC atmosphere is top notch, a great place to watch a big game.

Reaction Score

If edsall wanted to stay, he'd still be here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If edsall wanted to stay, he'd still be here.

Yeah his desire to get a huge contract and not work for Jeff Hathaway... means what exactly?

Reaction Score
Yeah his desire to get a huge contract and not work for Jeff Hathaway... means what exactly?

What don't you understand about what I said? "If" he wanted to stay

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What don't you understand about what I said? "If" he wanted to stay

I still don't understand what point you are trying to make. Yeah if he wanted to stay he'd still be here.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand what point you are trying to make. Yeah if he wanted to stay he'd still be here.

That even though the fans complained, it was edsall's choice to leave, no one was getting rid of him. I was responding to John

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The issue with Georgia is that the majority of their fan base believes they were Alabama's equal during the Bear Bryant years (they won one national title to Bama's six and four SEC title's to Bama's fourteen) and should be what Bama is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom