OT: When Tiger was Tiger | The Boneyard

OT: When Tiger was Tiger

Reaction Score
I don't play or follow golf. But Tiger, in his day, was transcendent and one of my kids sent me this. As we bite our nails waiting for the ridiculously late starting time tonight, this can be appreciated. Rumors fly that Tiger will retire soon, as he probably should. His back just cannot sustain the incredible torque his drives demand.

and then this:

after that, youtube continues with other amazing Tiger videos.

Reaction Score
The golf commentator David Feherty said the first time he heard "Tiger Woods" he thought it was a golf course in India!

Reaction Score
I don't play or follow golf. But Tiger, in his day, was transcendent and one of my kids sent me this. As we bite our nails waiting for the ridiculously late starting time tonight, this can be appreciated. Rumors fly that Tiger will retire soon, as he probably should. His back just cannot sustain the incredible torque his drives demand.

and then this:

Agreed regarding injuries sending his career into a downward spiral, but the death of his dad was very profound and had a huge impact on tigers overall mental well being.

Reaction Score

and then this:

He should have retired 2-3 years ago. But he had to be in the news so he can get paid by Nike. He'll keep milking it for a while. No doubt he was one of the best ever, maybe the best.

Reaction Score
Tiger has made more incredibly improbable shots than anyone the game has seen. He is totally dedicated to his craft. When he figures out how to win without overpowering a golf course, he will enjoy one more window of greatness.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As great as Tiger "was" it's somewhat sad that his career is likely over from a combination of both physical and personal problems. With all the great thrills he provided, a lot of golf fans, myself included, feel shortchanged by Tiger's precipitous decline over the past several years. When Tiger owned professional golf, it felt like he would be winning tournaments well into his 40's. His decline is a reminder that, "It's incredibly difficult to get to the top and impossible to stay there."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom