OT - When is a 1 game suspension not a 1 game suspension | The Boneyard

OT - When is a 1 game suspension not a 1 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
in this case at Florida. 3 players suspended for the 1st game against Idaho.

Florida ran one play -- the opening kickoff -- against Idaho on Saturday before lightning forced the teams off the field.
In all, there were nearly four hours of weather delays before the game was suspended. An announcement on rescheduling or canceling the game has not yet been made.

They are back this week v.s. Eastern Michigan. Interesting - I see Muschamps point yet if they are giving 1 game suspensions and the game isnt played did the really get suspended? Chicken or egg?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...amp-lashes-critics-florida-gators-suspensions

Reaction Score
The farce is that they were suspended against Idaho. Muschamp should just suspend them against the mighty Directional Michigan team and avoid the PR headaches.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The farce is that they were suspended against Idaho. Muschamp should just suspend them against the mighty Directional Michigan team and avoid the PR headaches.
Agreed - avoid the commotion. He could have easily said you are still suspended and would probably have zero impact in this weeks game. I figured they had a conference game or something til I got to the Eastern Michigan part.

Reaction Score
If you play for Florida and you're suspended against Idaho or Eastern Michigan, does it really count as a suspension?

Reaction Score
[QUOTEfreescooter, post: 1052261, member: 1023"]If you play for Florida and you're suspended against Idaho or Eastern Michigan, does it really count as a suspension?[/QUOTE]
Still love how Urban Meyer suspended his star LB for an ENTIRE quarter when there was CLEAR video evidence of him gouging an opponent's eyes at the end of a play....being the humanitarian the LB was, he fell on the sword & VOLUNTEERED to double the suspension to an entire half! The bar is set low in The Swamp.

Reaction Score
This is nothing new.. I forgot what team it was a couple seasons ago suspended 4 players for their opener and the game was cancelled and the next week the kids were back playing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I forget. What team had their running back in a domestic dispute the night before/ morning of a game and sat him for only a quarter?

Reaction Score
I forget. What team had their running back in a domestic dispute the night before/ morning of a game and sat him for only a quarter?

That may have been the worst I've ever felt as a UConn football fan. That game was ruined for me before it even began. Then the timeouts debacle followed up by P saying they didn't need to take them cause they were in good shape. Closest I ever came to harming my TV.

Thanks for the reminder .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek