OT: Whata Joke. | The Boneyard

OT: Whata Joke.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Michigan State: NCAA finds no violations in Nassar scandal

Reaction Score
I'd appreciate it if you could point out their NCAA violations. Not talking about ethical or even criminal violations, but violations of the NCAA bylaws.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'd appreciate it if you could point out their NCAA violations. Not talking about ethical or even criminal violations, but violations of the NCAA bylaws.

Well summarized here: After its Penn State failures, NCAA must get it right with Larry Nassar, Michigan State

upload_2018-8-30_11-47-21.png

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I guess part of Michigan State's argument that there were no violations was that he worked on a contract basis and was not directly an employee of the university. Therefore no "lack of institutional control" because he wasn't working for the university? I guess?

On the other hand, complaints were made about Nassar's conduct to University employees. So I don't see how the NCAA doesn't charge them with the same violations. I guess they now realize that they maybe didn't quite have the legal authority to do what they did to Penn State?

That's what this article seems to suggest:

Analysis: At Michigan State, the NCAA closes the door on two...

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I read something earlier, and I apologize that I can't dig it up again, which said that the NCAA had known about this for some time. So if the NCAA found now that MSU had something wrong and the NCAA had ignored it for a few years, they would look bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom