OT: What to do and see in Arizona | The Boneyard

OT: What to do and see in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I know there have been several threads about this topic before (one started by me I believe), so if you can post them here I'd appreciate it. What places do you guys recommend to do and see that are great but people don't talk about much? Also for sites like the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Antelope Canyon, and Zion NP (I know not in AZ), do you have any advice on what to bring and where to stay?

Thanks

Reaction Score
I know there have been several threads about this topic before (one started by me I believe), so if you can post them here I'd appreciate it. What places do you guys recommend to do and see that are great but people don't talk about much? Also for sites like the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Antelope Canyon, and Zion NP (I know not in AZ), do you have any advice on what to bring and where to stay?

Thanks
My father used to live near Phoenix and we romped around some including the Grand Canyon of course. Sedona and Red Rock State Park are really cool. Some very neat hikes in Red Rock. Bring plenty of water!

Reaction Score

Thanks

Definitely the red rocks and take an off-trail pink jeep tour to really appreciate the rocks. Antelope Canyon has some great photo ops and I'd recommend Lake Powell and a tour of the Glen Canyon dam.

Reaction Score
I loved Sedona. Take the chuck wagon trail that leads to devil's bridge and grab a meal at Elote Cafe. I was talked into a sunrise hot air balloon ride where i quickly realized that I'm not a huge fan of hot air balloons.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sedona is cool.

A large part of what you do will depend on what time of year you are visiting. Anything below 3000' is absolutely brutal from May-Sep.

Reaction Score
If you're into music, the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) in Scottsdale is very cool and could fill a whole day. Montezuma Castle has some very accessible Indian ruins and Montezuma's Well which is nearby is a really cool nature area also easy access. Sedona is highly recommended. If you're into Wild West go to Tombstone but you got to be into it because its pretty far afield.

Reaction Score
If you are looking for bar scene and awesome eye candy then go to Mill Ave in Tempe at night or anywhere in Scottsdale but I'd check out old town in Scottsdale first.

If you are a golfer then I can recommend a lot of great courses.

Reaction Score
Pima Air & Space museum is amazing. Davis-Monthan AFB boneyard is a must-do too (tours run from Pima).

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Lake Havasu and the London Bridge.

Reaction Score
Spend a few hours walking around the ASU campus. It's free and the visuals are stunning.

Let the wife have a afternoon to herself and take your teenage boys! They'll get some incentive to go to college.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I loved Sedona. Take the chuck wagon trail that leads to devil's bridge and grab a meal at Elote Cafe. I was talked into a sunrise hot air balloon ride where i quickly realized that I'm not a huge fan of hot air balloons.

Man what's the deal with those in the southwest? I used to go to Laguna beach fairly often for work and you can't look in the sky between Laguna and San Diego without seeing a bunch every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom