OT: WE ARE ... | The Boneyard

OT: WE ARE ...

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I found this link on Carolyn Pecks' Twitter Acct. WE ARE ... Penn State. You may dismiss this video and I understand. What happened at Penn State was terrible. The students wanted to change the culture at and the perception of Penn State. They helped create or perhaps recreate WE ARE. It actually led to 1948 for the genesis of WE ARE. Please watch from the beginning or skip to mark 1:20. I believe you will enjoy it.

"In 1948, Triplett became the first African-American to play in the Cotton Bowl Classic, catching the tying touchdown in Penn State's 13-13 tie with Southern Methodist University. It has been suggested Penn State's now-famous "We Are Penn State!" stadium cheer has its origins in SMU's request for a meeting to protest the participation of Penn State's two black players (Triplett and Hoggard). Team captain Steve Suhey was said to have responded, "We are Penn State. There will be no meetings."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I found this link on Carolyn Pecks' Twitter Acct. WE ARE ... Penn State. You may dismiss this video and I understand. What happened at Penn State was terrible. The students wanted to change the culture at and the perception of Penn State. They helped create or perhaps recreate WE ARE. It actually led to 1946 for the genesis of WE ARE. Please watch from the beginning or skip to mark 1:20. I believe you will enjoy it.

This was featured on Game Day last Saturday - I guess because they were at the PSU-Michigan game.

Reaction Score
Penn State football is #2, will play #6 Ohio State this coming saturday.
Go Nittany Lion ...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Penn State football is #2, will play #6 Ohio State this coming saturday.
Go Nittany Lion ...
I agree, but only because they can't both lose.

This has nothing to do with recent stuff. As a grew up in NJ / went to Rutgers person, State Penn was always the enemy. But as my own person, can't stand Ohio State. In the end, as you say, Go Nittany Lions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom