OT Way too early prediction... | The Boneyard

OT Way too early prediction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2-10, 6-6, 10-2.

Matt Rhule's first three years at Temple.

I'm on record, 10-2 is my expectation for next year at this time. Diaco outperformed my expectations this year, so I have raised them for next year. There is a lot to clean up, but we are headed in the right direction and could be really good next year.

I'm going to enjoy and be thankful for whatever bowl game we get. I'm not going to gripe about Saturday because IMO once Boyle was announced as starter we had no shot against that defense. I am going to say that it can be done and assuming we don't have any major defections, we should expect 10 wins and a spot in the conference championship game.

Reaction Score
2-10, 6-6, 10-2.

Matt Rhule's first three years at Temple.

I'm on record, 10-2 is my expectation for next year at this time. Diaco outperformed my expectations this year, so I have raised them for next year. There is a lot to clean up, but we are headed in the right direction and could be really good next year.

I'm going to enjoy and be thankful for whatever bowl game we get. I'm not going to gripe about Saturday because IMO once Boyle was announced as starter we had no shot against that defense. I am going to say that it can be done and assuming we don't have any major defections, we should expect 10 wins and a spot in the conference championship game.

I'm onboard with this. Looks like our three "marque" OOC games will be coming against teams who will have first year coaches at the helm (Syracuse and Virginia for sure, BCU may fire their HC) so realistically I think we could go 4-0 out of conference. While we have two tough conference road games at Houston and Navy, we get Cincy, Temple and UCF at home within our division. ECU and USF on the road could be tough matchups next year, but it seems like we have a favorable schedule lining up for next season.

While we have some turnover on defense, I think it'll still be a very solid unit and I'm expecting that this young offensive unit will progress with BS in his second full season (with Noel Thomas and Arkeel Newsome as the focal points).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
3-1 OOC, 5-3 in conference. 8-4 is the acceptable floor but I'd like to be in contention for the division on the last week. I don't think the OL will improve enough for that to happen. We would also need something out of the return game.

Let's see the actual schedule and see who is projected to start before making official predictions. I think the AAC will do another turnaround with so many of the better teams losing coaches and seniors. I expect Cuse and UVA to suck and a fairly even game with BC. Temple and Memphis should drop, but UH, Cincy, and USF should be better.

Reaction Score
It is way too early. The problem with getting to a conference championship game next year is that I don't know where are road wins are coming from. This year, we got two bad teams on the road and took advantage of the opportunities.

But that's without spending any time on which teams in conference will be better or worse. And I don't follow our conference mates like I did in the Big EAst. Sigh.

Reaction Score
Ten wins is exceptional. We've never done it our FBS history. I'll be happy if we're in the mix for the division title. Temple will likely take a step back with Cincinnati and USF taking steps forward. Won't be easy.

I'd love ten wins though.

Reaction Score
To be clear. I'm not suggesting anything less than 10 would be a failure.

But unlike 14-0, I think 10-2 is an attainable, yet very challenging, goal for the program next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom