OT - Warning on virus downloads | The Boneyard

OT - Warning on virus downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just wanted to put out a general warning relative to the Hartford Current - in the past 12 hours two links posted here to HC stories took me to the story, but as I was reading the story the page auto loaded a new page with a message about a new version of Adobe Flash - when I tried to close the page it auto-downloaded a file that my software detected as a virus. I am on a Mac and have McAfee running. Don't know if the file is bad or not, or if this is something in my browser or on the HC website, but ...
Just be careful and aware - this could be happening on multiple sites if it is a widespread attack

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just wanted to put out a general warning relative to the Hartford Current - in the past 12 hours two links posted here to HC stories took me to the story, but as I was reading the story the page auto loaded a new page with a message about a new version of Adobe Flash - when I tried to close the page it auto-downloaded a file that my software detected as a virus. I am on a Mac and have McAfee running. Don't know if the file is bad or not, or if this is something in my browser or on the HC website, but ...
Just be careful and aware - this could be happening on multiple sites if it is a widespread attack
It's a good thing it's impossible for Mac's to become infected. Thanks for the heads up. If it becomes persistent and/or pernicious you may need a complete reinstall. Unless you're a computer builder as I am it could get costly.

Reaction Score
Mac most certainly can be infected or hacked. Just not as common, but maybe sooner than later. Getting too popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom