OT- WalMart, Others Partner With Bellevue University For $1 Tuition | The Boneyard

OT- WalMart, Others Partner With Bellevue University For $1 Tuition

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
....this is kinda cool:

Bellevue University offers tuition at $1 a day, if you work at Walmart

Texan Sara Smith went to a community college after high school, but it didn’t work out.

Through the Walmart-Bellevue University partnership, she is back in school, studying online. She had never heard of Bellevue University before the Walmart educational program started, she said.

But when she graduates, she intends to travel to Bellevue to pick up her diploma.

Walmart this year chose Bellevue to be one of three colleges in the country that would serve employees who pay only $1 a day for their schooling while continuing to work for Walmart.

Bellevue says it also has partnerships of various kinds with Arby’s, Dollar General, Marco’s Pizza and many other companies. Bellevue University just announced that it has teamed up with the Walt Disney Co. to serve Disney employees.

When Walmart associates choose to study through the partnership, the company requires the employees to major in either business or supply chain management. The two other colleges with $1-a-day partnerships with Walmart are the University of Florida and California-based Brandman University.

Walmart’s U.S. CEO, Greg Foran, said when the program was announced in May: “We know training and learning opportunities empower associates to deliver for customers while growing and advancing in their careers.”

Walmart employee Felicia Gadberry of Omaha said she wanted to return to college. “I was just looking for the right time, and (wondering) if I had enough money,” said Gadberry, 29.

Working full-time and attending college online is by no means easy. “It can be hectic, but it’s just because I haven’t really been writing papers in a long time,” Gadberry said.

Bellevue works with a Denver-based firm called Guild Education that helps bring students, companies and colleges together. Guild works with numerous Fortune 1000 companies to find the kinds of educational programs those companies desire for their workers.

Reaction Score
I offered free training for all my employees. They dropped out. It was free.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I offered free training for all my employees. They dropped out. It was free.
really? what line of business are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Back in my day, anyone who went to Bellevue was crazy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom