OT: Vacation plans? | The Boneyard

OT: Vacation plans?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Anyone got vacation plans for the off-season? I’ve got a long weekend in Newport RI with my sister in law planned - a girlfriends weekend - but other than going to see my son in, gasp, Knoxville!, not much else going on.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Two weeks in Las Vegas in late May. My wife's birthday and my daughters' are a day apart in early June.

Lots of eating and a bit of gambling.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<but other than going to see my son in, gasp, Knoxville!, not much else going on. >>

Into the valley of death rode the six hundred.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Despite a minor fender bender on the slopes of Jay Peak yesterday (on our last run), when my wife; impatient with my slow pace and tiring of me looking to slide up every raised corner; created a semi-minor crash that put me out for a few seconds...

We are looking into a National ski pass that allow us to tour the country, stopping off in Aspen, Copper Mt and Winter Park Colorado, then heading North to Grand Teton, Big Sky, and Lake Louise in Alberta, back down to Alta in Utah and over to Tahoe for some last turns at Squaw Valley and possibly over to Mammoth.

Approaching 80, I don't have (that) many years left to ski the entire West in one season; it's now or never.

And of course, depending on snow conditions, could start in Canada...or even California.

Leave NY or (St J) a day or 2 before New Years, start the car and be back in time to file our taxes.

Nice to be retired....even semi-retired.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
10 days on the beach at Martha's Vineyard in early August. Beach Volleyball. Deciding what fish to grill from Larsen's. Tough decisions :rolleyes:.

33rd straight year that started just before my wife and I were married. Our kids think this is an annual event, but we know....the snowstorms of March made me think of it....a lot. ;)

In between, another trip to South Bend...youngest daughter graduates from Notre Dame in May. (Will not be changing my rooting allegiance!)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
10 days on the beach at Martha's Vineyard in early August. Beach Volleyball. Deciding what fish to grill from Larsen's. Tough decisions :rolleyes:.

33rd straight year that started just before my wife and I were married. Our kids think this is an annual event, but we know....the snowstorms of March made me think of it....a lot. ;)

In between, another trip to South Bend...youngest daughter graduates from Notre Dame in May. (Will not be changing my rooting allegiance!)
It’s flurrying here in Connecticut today.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It’s flurrying here in Connecticut today.
..and we've got rain and 35 "down here" in northern Jersey. Perpetual March! Head bang

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Anyone got vacation plans for the off-season? I’ve got a long weekend in Newport RI with my sister in law planned - a girlfriends weekend - but other than going to see my son in, gasp, Knoxville!, not much else going on.

I love Newport.

I ended up graduating from Salve for undergrad.

It is a beautiful place to visit in the summer, but it is rather crowded (my favorite time in Newport was late September/Early Oct...warm enough to enjoy the beach and outdoors, but with 90% less tourists).

Any specific places you gals plan on hitting up?

the Q

Reaction Score
I have a family reunion type thing (nothing formal just meeting with extended family) in San Diego in July during my birthday. Excited to catch a Padres game and scratch Petco off the list of ballparks I've never visited.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
To paraphrase Geno's quote, some years ago, "Knoxville - the evil empire". Enjoy, life's too short.

The trip I look forward to every year is the annual (October) Myrtle Beach debacle with my former work cronies. Most are retired now but we go for 9 days and play 36 holes a day. Coming up on 70 prior to this year's trip and can still do it. A couple only play 18 but that's acceptable.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I love Newport.

I ended up graduating from Salve for undergrad.

It is a beautiful place to visit in the summer, but it is rather crowded (my favorite time in Newport was late September/Early Oct...warm enough to enjoy the beach and outdoors, but with 90% less tourists).

Any specific places you gals plan on hitting up?
Newport is one of my favorite places. My SIL is visiting from Oregon so I’ll take her to the mansions, of course, maybe the tennis HOF if she’s interested. We’re also going to spend some time at the spa and walking downtown. We’re usually pretty spontaneous.

I love the Jazz Festival. What a fabulous time - awesome music and a view that can’t be beat

the Q

Reaction Score
Newport is one of my favorite places. My SIL is visiting from Oregon so I’ll take her to the mansions, of course, maybe the tennis HOF if she’s interested. We’re also going to spend some time at the spa and walking downtown. We’re usually pretty spontaneous.

I love the Jazz Festival. What a fabulous time - awesome music and a view that can’t be beat

I just love the food. So many good places to eat. :)

Reaction Score

What's wrong with Knoxville?

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Ouray, Co in Sept for 8 days! Spending a few days at the Telluride Blues and Brews Festival.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What's wrong with Knoxville?
It was dry the last time I was there although my son told me there was a bar in the supermarket when he went shopping this weekend

Reaction Score
My wife and I may be heading to Seattle in September to visit our son and his girlfriend. We will probably hike Olympic NP with them but then we're thinking of driving east to take in other NPs in Idaho, Wyoming, and So Dakota. Would like to hear recommendations from anyone who's done a similar car tour. We could take up to 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
Left last wed on a trip to Vegas-valley of Fire- Hoover dam- Grand Canyon - Winslow ( standing on the corner, mighty fine sight to see) - now at Sedona. I have been trying to keep up with everybody’s posts but reception at GCwas spotty at best.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Vacation plans? Moi? Of course:

The Big Island plus Oahu and Kauai for the last half of April.

Golf in Palm Desert in early June.

The U.S. Open at Shinnecock in mid-June.

London and Wimbledon in July.

Spain, the Canary Islands, and the women’s FIBA World Cup in late September.

May and August are left open—by design.

Reaction Score
Left last wed on a trip to Vegas-valley of Fire- Hoover dam- Grand Canyon - Winslow ( standing on the corner, mighty fine sight to see) - now at Sedona. I have been trying to keep up with everybody’s posts but reception at GCwas spotty at best.
If you can get to Page, AZ, I highly recommend touring Antelope Canyon it's incredible site to see! Need to get reservations through the local Navajo tribe....can do it on line.

Reaction Score

Going to Paris in May! My first trip overseas. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
It was dry the last time I was there although my son told me there was a bar in the supermarket when he went shopping this weekend

That is a serious drawback...!

Reaction Score
Next week I’ll be in Naples Florida

Last week in June I’m going to Clearwater Florida

July I booked three nights in ocean city NJ

September I have a trade show in Vegas for a week.

Should be busy.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Italy the first two weeks of June.

Connecticut shore first three weeks of July. Place was built by my grandfather 80 years ago, co-own and split time with three of my cousins.

Might go out to California in September. San Francisco, northern wine country. A bit apprehensive though, sounds like things have gone off the rails out there. No offense intended, Cali bonyarders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom