OT: USA Basketball 2016 Olympics | The Boneyard

OT: USA Basketball 2016 Olympics

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Was just thinking about it, but our 2016 Olympic team could potentially be the deepest ever. It seems like the starting 5 could be just as strong as any team we've ever had. Somehow we'll end up playing Spain in a close game for the gold medal, but on paper, the USA roster is absolutely absurd.

Just an idea....

Starters:
1.) Steph Curry
2.) James Harden
3.) Kevin Durant
4.) LeBron James
5.) Anthony Davis

Bench/ Reserve pool (no particular order) :
Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Klay Thompson
Tim Duncan
Kevin Love
DeMarcus Cousins
Kyrie Irving
Blake Griffin
Rudy Gay
Paul George
Dwight Howard
Kawhi Leonard
Damian Lillard
Russell Westbrook
LaMarcus Aldridge
John Wall

Reaction Score
Good luck to whoever has to pick the PGs...

My guess:
PGs: Wall, Westbrook, Curry, Irving
SG: Harden, Klay
SF: Durant
PF: LeBron, Carmelo
C: Davis, Drummond, Griffin

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Was just thinking about it, but our 2016 Olympic team could potentially be the deepest ever. It seems like the starting 5 could be just as strong as any team we've ever had. Somehow we'll end up playing Spain in a close game for the gold medal, but on paper, the USA roster is absolutely absurd.

Just an idea....

Starters:
1.) Steph Curry
2.) James Harden
3.) Kevin Durant
4.) LeBron James
5.) Anthony Davis

Bench/ Reserve pool (no particular order) :
Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Klay Thompson
Tim Duncan
Kevin Love
DeMarcus Cousins
Kyrie Irving
Blake Griffin
Rudy Gay
Paul George
Dwight Howard
Kawhi Leonard
Damian Lillard
Russell Westbrook
LaMarcus Aldridge
John Wall
I like the obvious melo diss.

Curry, Westbrook, Paul
Harden, Thompson
Durant, Lennard
Lebron, Melo
Davis, Cousins, Howard

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
With the level of depth currently at the PG position, I'd say there is no reason for John Wall. He brings nothing of value to the team with Curry, Westbrook and even Harden who can handle the ball.

Reaction Score
Don't think Paul George will risk getting injured again

Yeah and Durant withdrew from the team because of it. I could be completely wrong but I think a lot of guys are going to have second thoughts about being on the team and it might move in a younger direction. If you are Lebron, Carmelo or Chris Paul do you really want to risk injury? They aren't young by NBA standards anymore and are already multiple time Olympic Champions and have nothing else to prove.

Reaction Score
Yeah and Durant withdrew from the team because of it. I could be completely wrong but I think a lot of guys are going to have second thoughts about being on the team and it might move in a younger direction. If you are Lebron, Carmelo or Chris Paul do you really want to risk injury? They aren't young by NBA standards anymore and are already multiple time Olympic Champions and have nothing else to prove.
I believe Durant will be free agent that year and won't play bc of that

Reaction Score
Tim Duncan would be 41 that would be awesome but not happening, Kobe could possibly be on the team rumor has it this will be 2015-16 will be his last season, way more of a probability winning gold then going out an NBA champion.

Reaction Score
I would love for Duncan to be part of the Olympic team, since he's my favorite player, but I don't see it happening either. A gold medal is pretty much the only thing he's lacking in his career, because he was a part of that underwhelming 2004 bronze medal team and he was forced out of the 2000 Olympics due to an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom