OT-US Open men's final | The Boneyard

OT-US Open men's final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very windy conditions in queens and Andy Murray just took the first set in a tie breaker in an hour and a half. I'd love to see Murray break through and finally win a grand slam. I think this is his 4th or 5th finals appearance, and he's had some tough breaks against Fed, Nadal and Djoker. He deserves a major, but I don't expect Djokovic to go away easy

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
5th grand slam final for Murray.

Epic first set. Turned it on when it was 2-2. The windy conditions are perfect for Murray to win his first against a more talented Djokovic. Bad weather always neutralizes the talent gap in any sport. Both guys have played well in a somewhat ugly fashion due to the wind. Lot of will power going on out there.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Already broke him in the 2nd set. Its his match to lose
A lot of people have felt that way in matches against Djokovic only to find themselves wondering what happened 2 hours later. Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have felt that way in matches against Djokovic only to find themselves wondering what happened 2 hours later. Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Completely agree. The last 2 years he has really proved to have the mental aspect of tennis down. This was his biggest problem early in his career but now he has the mental resolve to come back. Djo isn't playing bad tennis but murray looks to be in control so far .

Reaction Score
5th grand slam final for Murray.

Epic first set. Turned it on when it was 2-2. The windy conditions are perfect for Murray to win his first against a more talented Djokovic. Bad weather always neutralizes the talent gap in any sport. Both guys have played well in a somewhat ugly fashion due to the wind. Lot of will power going on out there.

I completely agree. The wind and momentum definitely favors Murray. But i've learned not to ever rule Djokovic out until the last point is played. He's very Kemba-esque under pressure, and I've seen him come back from match point down a few times. With that said this is the best chance for Murray to run away with it.

Reaction Score
Wow, I'm very surprised Murray is running away with the 2nd set. Djokovic clearly rattled by the win and marathon first set.

Reaction Score
Wow, I'm very surprised Murray is running away with the 2nd set. Djokovic clearly rattled by the win and marathon first set.

Djo steals a break at least. Is it too little too late or will he capitalize on it

Reaction Score
This is the only game that Federer will always finish last at. Woof.

Yep, Fed's girl is very average at best. I will never forget Marat Safin's box when he beat Pete Sampras in the 2000 final. He had like 5 or 6 perfect 10 blonde models in his box. He was the biggest pimp during his time.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Djokovic really turned it on that game after almost losing it and virtually losing the set. If he can break here you can bet Murray will start to feel the pressure.

Reaction Score
Yep, Fed's girl is very average at best. I will never forget Marat Safin's box when he beat Pete Sampras in the 2000 final. He had like 5 or 6 perfect 10 blonde models in his box. He was the biggest pimp during his time.

Its one of the many reasons people like Fed I think. He didnt go the hot wife route. He married his [ugly] highschool sweetheart, which just makes him more likeable. I wonder if on the side he is Tiger Woods-ing though

Reaction Score
Djokovic really turned it on that game after almost losing it and virtually losing the set. If he can break here you can bet Murray will start to feel the pressure.

Cant argue with Murray's serving right now. Hard to break.

Reaction Score
Its one of the many reasons people like Fed I think. He didnt go the hot wife route. He married his [ugly] highschool sweetheart, which just makes him more likeable. I wonder if on the side he is Tiger Woods-ing though

That depends. Do they have Waffle House in Switzerland?

Reaction Score
Congrats to Andy Murray on his first grand slam. It's been a good summer for him winning the Olympic gold @wimbledon, and now the US Open.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is the only game that Federer will always finish last at. Woof.
Also the only one where Roddick is the clear champion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom