OT:UNLV arena | The Boneyard

OT:UNLV arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Watching the summer league at their place. Their arena is incredible especially by G5 standards. Wouldn't be a bad spot to get a home and home but I'm sure people here would rather disban than schedule a G5 home and home. Coincidently, is this where the NHL is going to play?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UNLV plays at the Thomas & Mack Center. This is different than where the big fights have been in Vegas (MGM Grand Garden Arena, which is where P12 tournament is) and where they are going forward (T-Mobile Arena, which just opened and will house the NHL team).

Reaction Score
Doesn't look bad for 35 years old but I think calling it incredible is a severe stretch. As for a home-home I think UNLV would be an intriguing G5 opponent.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Doesn't look bad for 35 years old but I think calling it incredible is a severe stretch. As for a home-home I think UNLV would be an intriguing G5 opponent.
It's gotten all the modern stuff we wish the XL center would get.

Reaction Score
It's gotten all the modern stuff we wish the XL center would get.

I just glossed over the renovation that is almost done, the modern stuff you allude to includes:

- updated concessions stands
- 3 new elevators
- $20M for electrical, AC and plumbing improvements
- ADA adherence
- bathroom enhancements
- new sound system
- new flooring on concourse
- LV strip observation deck

Outside of the observation deck and sound system that's pretty much the same improvements made to the XL via the $35M band aid.

XL Center also got a new jumbotron and is getting new ice making machine along with new elevators next summer.

Reaction Score
I will admit though that their arena looks much more aesthetically pleasing from the outside than the XL Center does. It's no contest.

Reaction Score
I will admit though that their arena looks much more aesthetically pleasing from the outside than the XL Center does. It's no contest.
The XL Center is one of those few venues that would be aesthetically more pleasing as a pile of rubble than it's current state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom