OT - Univ of Maryland | The Boneyard

OT - Univ of Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've got a friend who's a Michigan fan, and they play at Maryland this Fall. We're thinking of heading up for the game. Anybody know of any nice golf courses near campus? Also any suggestions on lodging? And lastly, what's the tailgate scene like there, is it anything worth getting excited about?

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Try Lake Presidential in Maryland near Andrews AFB. Great track. There are plenty around there, but that's one of the better ones.

Reaction Score
There is a hotel(I believe it's marriott) right on the campus. I stayed there a couple times, very convenient.

Reaction Score
Maryland also has a golf course on campus very close to the stadium.

Reaction Score
Tailgating was in all the parking lots near the stadium. Really wasn't impressed with tailgating opportunities. I like a big crowd atmosphere that we have. Ymmv. Campus is very nice though and the walk to the stadium was nice. There's a decent sports bar in that Marriott, too. Get a room now. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already booked. The train also come within a reasonable walking distance to the campus. Or get a cab or uber from there probably no more than 5 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom