OT: UNC to respond to 3rd NCAA NOA Tuesday, public release likely to be delayed | The Boneyard

OT: UNC to respond to 3rd NCAA NOA Tuesday, public release likely to be delayed

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I wonder if unc thinks if they delay enough the NCAA will just plain up and forget about. Sad thing is they might be right.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder if unc thinks if they delay enough the NCAA will just plain up and forget about. Sad thing is they might be right.
I have admit a begrudging admiration for a school whose defensive strategy is "What? That's all you've got on us? Oh we've done way worse that than that. Tell you what let's stick a pin in this whole sanction thing while we investigate ourselves and dribble out a bit more of our corruption for you to consider." Particularly since they have been successful with this strategy.

Reaction Score

They are right. The ending to this is predictable -- some time a few years down the line, the NCAA will note that serious violations took place, but anyone involved is so far removed from the program that it doesn't make sense to punish the people involved now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From the WBB board:

"They (UNC) have suffered enough with this investigation being so drawn out and the NCAA needs to move on." (paraphrased from the 6PM news on Raleigh TV).

This reported after UNC filed another response today to the NCAA allegations... UNC expects a response from the NCAA so they say...

Reaction Score
Man, when this is all done I wouldn't want to be North Carolina Central. They are going to get killed!!!

Reaction Score
What's so aggravating about all this is while delaying the inevitable, UNC has gotten to play in two championship games and win one, all while nothing was mentioned by the national media to potentially hurt their recruiting, Even if they received three years probation or so now, and a reduction in scholarships, the damage has been done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom