OT: UNC hit with NCAA Violations.... will go on Probation | The Boneyard

OT: UNC hit with NCAA Violations.... will go on Probation

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Finally....

The UNC men’s basketball program will receive three years of probation, scholarship and recruiting sanctions and the vacation of records, including its 2011 Big Sky conference championship, for the improper management of its student-athletes’ academics and impermissible financial benefits, the NCAA announced Friday.

The NCAA also accepted UNC’s self-imposed postseason ban of the 2016-17 season.

Nine members of the UNC men’s basketball coaching staff, including former head coach B.J. Hill, are implicated in a variety of violations between 2010 and 2014, such as completing coursework for prospects, paying for classes that players needed to become academically eligible and arranging off-campus practice sessions with an academically ineligible player.

Here is the link for the full story

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/15/northern-colorado-bears-basketball-sanctions/

;):cool::p:D:):rolleyes:Head bang

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
wascasl.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But the women got off the hook. Go figure.

Reaction Score
Finally....

The UNC men’s basketball program will receive three years of probation, scholarship and recruiting sanctions and the vacation of records, including its 2011 Big Sky conference championship, for the improper management of its student-athletes’ academics and impermissible financial benefits, the NCAA announced Friday.

Nine members of the UNC men’s basketball coaching staff, including former head coach B.J. Hill, are implicated in a variety of violations between 2010 and 2014, such as completing coursework for prospects, paying for classes that players needed to become academically eligible and arranging off-campus practice sessions with an academically ineligible player.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/15/northern-colorado-bears-basketball-sanctions/

Triad- how over is the UNC investigation ? Seems tailor-made for years of legal stuff.

Reaction Score
I was soooooo disappointed by the title of this thread. I thought somehow, some way justice was finally done and there was a reversal of the absurd decision on the University of North Carolina. But 3 years of probation wouldn't have been nearly enough anyway....

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Pretty slick thread title...got me to take a peek

Reaction Score
Finally....

You really are a huge for this thread.

Yes its a off zone bb wise, but you should be perhaps banned for a month for such a dumb thread. I realize you're a decent poster but mods should deleted this thread or sanction you.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You really are a huge for this thread.

Yes its a off zone bb wise, but you should be perhaps banned for a month for such a dumb thread. I realize you're a decent poster but mods should deleted this thread or sanction you.

Ok... well how bout I sanction myself. Changed my avatar... I'll keep it around for a few weeks.... or until Duke WCBB wins a road game. Head bang

You happy now? Head bang

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Rank! Hatchell was up to her ears in this.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Ohhh, that really s***ed Triad. Cry wolf. Wait till court time!

Reaction Score
I hope the mods accept traddukefan's self-imposed sanctions. They appear adequate and properly address the violation.

I also propose that others self-impose sanctions for a lack of a sense of humor.

As Sheldon would say "well played triad."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom