OT: UHart hosting America East final | The Boneyard

OT: UHart hosting America East final

Reaction Score
They were a scrappy crew for sure not surprised. Best of luck to the Hawks. Also fun with more CT schools in the dance!
No doubt. Brooklyn, New York is my origin, but I went to grade school and high school in Storrs. I always like seeing New York teams in the postseason in any sport, but seeing Connecticut teams in the dance is extra special. I liked seeing UConn and Yale in 2016. My goodness it's been that long, 5 years since the Huskies were there.

I think in 2002 UConn and CCSU made the tourney, but Hartford, Fairfield, and Quinnipiac were in the conference titles games and lost : ( (please feel free to fact check me on that). That would've been grand to see 5 CT teams in the dance.

As UConn fan we can always take pleasure in knowing they have more NCAA titles in the last 20 years than any other school and have so many players go to the NBA and succeed so we don't have to be jealous of any other school's success per se. But one thing I am envious of is that other states have more teams in NCAA tourney on a regular basis and/or have nice rivalry

Michigan - UM-MSU rivalry, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Detroit make the tourney every now and then
Kentucky - UK-Louisville, Morehead State, Western Kentucky, Murray State make the tourney every now and then
North Carolina- Duke-UNC, Wake Forest, NC State, UNC-Charlotte make the tourney every now and then (I am sure I am missing some schools)
Florida - well you get the picture

A UConn-UMass rivalry would've been nice in the mid 90s as those teams were in the top 10, but Calipari was the first to cancel the series in after 1990 and then he jumped ship to the NBA after violation issues surfaced. I have no hatred towards the guy at all, but those are the facts as I remember.

Anyways, your simple post triggered these thoughts. Go Hartford.

Reaction Score
The AE final is next Saturday @11am ESPN2 .....1 week off between semi's & finals....Go Hawks!

Some other conference has their finals as well that night in NYC.

Reaction Score
I once had season tickets for the Hawks because my high school classmate played there. I always pull for CT schools.

Reaction Score
Absolutely electric day in the AE with the double upset. Lowell can bring it, should be a good one!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I haven't seen them play since their game with the Huskies but I was impressed with their ability to compete - well coached team and seemed disciplined. I hope they win and dance - good for the state of CT. Definitely watch the final

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lowell is a city that has seen tough times. I'd love to see them rally around this spunky group of underdogs all the way to virtual Dayton. Ya gotta believe!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom