OT: UConn WBB getting HBO special | The Boneyard

OT: UConn WBB getting HBO special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On an unrelated note, I've always thought the rise of UConn hoops (men and women) woul make for a great 30 for 30. The fact that Calhoun and Geno - hired about a year apart - were able to build programs with very little history into basketball powerhouses around the same time is so improbable. And when you consider the rough shape of the facilities at the time, it makes it that much more remarkable.

We all know ESPN would never go for it though...

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
On an unrelated note, I've always thought the rise of UConn hoops (men and women) woul make for a great 30 for 30. The fact that Calhoun and Geno - hired about a year apart - were able to build programs with very little history into basketball powerhouses around the same time is so improbable. And when you consider the rough shape of the facilities at the time, it makes it that much more remarkable.

And the dynamic between Calhoun and Auriema would make for additional compelling content on the show as well.

Reaction Score

It would end up being about Syracuse and Georgetown.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Of ALL the ex-players present last night -from either team- that ESPN could have interviewed and featured last night with Bilas.... they pick Eric f------- Devendorf.

A microcosm of ESPN decision-making.
That Devendorf laugh at the end of his segment with Bilas was like nails on a chalkboard mixed with the cries of dying puppies.

Reaction Score
Of ALL the ex-players present last night -from either team- that ESPN could have interviewed and featured last night with Bilas.... they pick Eric f------- Devendorf.

Could've done without it too, but it was pre-taped, he's coaching at Syracuse now, and was the only one in the building that played in the 6OT game that they were talking about all night long. What I really hate is when they have those features going on during gameplay. And yeah, @BUConn10, that laugh was awful.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Eric Demondorf...one of the Big East's all-time greatest punks.

Reaction Score
Could've done without it too, but it was pre-taped, he's coaching at Syracuse now, and was the only one in the building that played in the 6OT game that they were talking about all night long. What I really hate is when they have those features going on during gameplay.
I do hear all that (and was also thinking WTF Boehiem you couldn't get any better ex-players than that slimeball on your bench). But ESPN acts like that game is the only thing that has ever happened between the two teams.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Re: Devendorf, I actually turned the game on a few minutes late, and it was at the exact moment he was walking with Bilas, I immediately not only got filled with hatred, but thought "why would they choose him?!?!"

THEN to add to that, Okafor was in the crowd? I get it to a degree, but man...

As for the HBO special, I love that stuff. I don't get the channel that did the FSU football one (either max or ShowTime) but that's my football team, so I was disappointed...

But HBO does sports specials like this VERY well, so I'm excited.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
We should just be glad that ESPN considers "the greatest college game of this era" to be the 6OT game. Even though we lost and ESPN likes t bring it up a lot it's still nice to see us in a game that most consider one for the ages.

Reaction Score
I do hear all that (and was also thinking WTF Boehiem you couldn't get any better ex-players than that slimeball on your bench). But ESPN acts like that game is the only thing that has ever happened between the two teams.

I had this exact thought. I have no problem with it being considered the greatest game played between the two schools, but they seemed to underplay the rivalry a bit. Louisville and Notre Dame played a five overtime game a couple years back and nobody gave a damn.

Reaction Score
We should just be glad that ESPN considers "the greatest college game of this era" to be the 6OT game. Even though we lost and ESPN likes t bring it up a lot it's still nice to see us in a game that most consider one for the ages.
I'm still pissed that JC kept a 6'11" guy on the bench at the end of the game. Yeah, it was Mandeldove, but no one on the floor was over 6'6".

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

As much of it pisses me off too, he is the most notable person to a neutral college basketball fan in the UConn-Cuse rivalry.

Reaction Score

You can't really blame them for mentioning a 6ot game that took place in the same building they were playing in, that just happens to be the most famous basketball arena in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom