OT: UConn soccer gets $3 million donation | The Boneyard

OT: UConn soccer gets $3 million donation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From former student-athlete who wished to remain anonymous.
Pendergast was involved, and he thanks Coach Reid for his involvement in the fundraising effort. It's on Dez's blog.
$1 million gift, and remaining $2 million paid over the next 5 years.

Pendergast is making it rain!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
At this rate, I am going to be sitting in the last row of The Rent with all the 'Priority Points' people are getting these days!;)

Reaction Score
Damn - great news! The soccer teams deserve it. They're straight up nasty footballers.

Reaction Score
awesome news. this is the type of thing that makes us look like a well rounded candidate for leaving in 5 years. between these types of donations and our increasing academic profile i think the longer the other BCS conferences wait to add teams the more we'll look like a Big Ten team instead of an ACC team

U

UConn9604

awesome news. this is the type of thing that makes us look like a well rounded candidate for leaving in 5 years. between these types of donations and our increasing academic profile i think the longer the other BCS conferences wait to add teams the more we'll look like a Big Ten team instead of an ACC team

I thought the same thing (about the ACC, not the Big Ten) when the new baseball stadium plans were announced. It seemed like a silent advertisement to the ACC, which is traditionally very strong in baseball.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
News like this is why our current conference situation, while not ideal, will not be as huge a deterrent to UConn's overall growth in general (and the AD's growth in particular) as some 'Yarders are fearing.

At the end of the day, we're still The University of Friggin' Connecticut: a big-time, world class university with top-notch leadership and loyal support.

The sky is still the limit in Storrs...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Pendergast has done more in 9 months than Hathaway did in the last 5 years. I'm glad he's staying on in a fund raising capacity in the AD.

Reaction Score
I am interested to see where they wish to fit a soccer stadium, baseball stadium, and softball upgrade. Space in that part of the athletic complex is pretty tight.

Reaction Score
Pendergast has done more in 9 months than Hathaway did in the last 5 years. I'm glad he's staying on in a fund raising capacity in the AD.

Bingo! It also seems like the new President has put a real priority on fund raising and has gotten all the head coaches to by in.

Reaction Score
From that map it appears they want to just put in upgrades over the existing fields, which is surprising in that I figured with all the millions they are projecting to need that they would completely rebuild new stadiums. Nevertheless, best of luck with the fundraising going forward, can't wait to have disposable income to donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom