ot: U.S. Women's Open scoreboard. | The Boneyard

ot: U.S. Women's Open scoreboard.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Leaderboard | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association

5 majors for the women but virtually all regard this one as THE one.

From Shoal Creek in Alabama. There was some talk about whether the storms down there might move the USGA to allow 'lift/clean and place'. I don't know if that will happen. The USGA is loathe to allow that....especially in a major. Wags calls it 'lift/clean and cheat'.

Odds are that an international will win it....and if one does, odds are that she will be from Asia.
The Asian Invasion has added much depth to the quality of the tour....MUCH!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Interesting leaderboard after day one. Ariya Jutanugan at the top (-5), Wie and Danielle Kang just a couple strokes back. Inbee Park (-2), Lydia Ko (-1), and Lexi Thompson (-1) lurking. Lots of my faves in the mix so far.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...Ariya Jutanugarn won it....she is from Japan...has #1 potential for sure.

BTW: A golf channel analyst was asked about the state of American golf on the women's side.
His response was...clearly speaking in a general way....they lack technique....they lack tempo in their swings....and they lack work ethic.

Ouuuuch!

BTW the winner on the guy-side Bryson DeChambeau has a unique set of irons.

Everyone of them has the same length shaft...the length of a six iron. Obviously the lofts are different but the length of the clubs
is the same. No need to alter your stance....more/less bending for different clubs.
Kinda fascinating imo.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well...Ariya Jutanugarn won it....she is from Japan...has #1 potential for sure.

Jutanugarn was #1 for a couple weeks a year ago. Certainly one of the top handful of players and maybe the very best when she is "on". I wasn't able to watch but it sounds like she was "on" for 63 holes and then very much "off" on Sunday's back nine.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
". . . . . and they lack work ethic."

Several years ago (at a time when Asian golfers were just starting to impact the tour) I remember leaving a tournament at the end of the 2nd round. We walked past the driving range and it was full of Asian golfers, along with their coaches, all working on their games. There was also one European golfer on the range. Not a single American player in sight.

I remarked to my wife that American players were in big trouble unless they were willing to match what the Asians were doing. It appears that I was right. Currently there is only one American in the top 10 LPGA money list and no American was competitive in the US Open.

Reaction Score
I thought Michelle Wie was competitive early in the tournament and Lexi Thompson late in the tournament.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Good: my bad. She has a sister on the tour who is also very good.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I thought Michelle Wie was competitive early in the tournament and Lexi Thompson late in the tournament.

Thompson was 9 back after 2 rds and Wie was 13 strokes off the lead after rd 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom